Bl**dy wind!!! Grrrr

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We had another bad night here and this morning we discovered at first light the barn had lost a sheet and three more were flapping wildly in the wind. That means the herd will have spent last night outside without hay and freezing cold!
There is another barn but they tend to split into two groups and won't swap, and I feel so guilty as I assumed they would be warmly tucked up inside.
Bl**y wind I hate it, I can cope with rain/snow/hot sun, but the wind is impossible, even mending the roof today is going to be in question as it is so windy up there, and anyone holding a sheet could be whisked off in seconds.
Am off to replace the sheet , luckily it is a square clear window not a whole sheet but we ill have to buy new ones for around it as no doubt they have holes ripped in from where the bolts secured them now.
The horses are all grazing but I could cry with the injustice of it, the wind direction changed last night as the roof was fine with the earlier winds which were much stronger and brought down trees.
Anyone else sustained damage?

BBs

Visit site
Argghh! I hate the wind also
frown.gif

It does make you feel guilty doesnt it, I know ive got to bring in sunny tonight which means more work, but i just hate thinking the poor love is out there (although he does have a shelter but wont use it GAHH).

I think acording to the weather updates that the wind and rain is with us at least till the weekend
frown.gif

Hope you dont have any more disruption and all the horses are fine.

Hows layla now?

druid

Visit site
It's been horrid here to though not so bad this morning - the door was ripped off our chicken coop so the poor litle girls spent the night wet and cold. There's a huge hole in the roof of the big chicken run from a branch down and we lost half our eucalyptas tree
frown.gif

Jillian

Visit site
We had strong winds and heavy rain last night. All my horses are stuck outside as I lost my 5 stables last saturday. I feel so guilty but all I can do is give extra hay. Smallest paddock turning into madbath! I want some dry weather please, please, please. Lets all wish for good weather .

Binky44

Visit site
It was really bad here (Kent) on Sunday. Lost a filed shelter, well I say lost, it was upside down in the next field, so couldn't put mine or my sister's horse out. Bloody yard owner left it, fence down and nowhere to put our horses. Really bad again this morning and I think the second shelter is just about to go.

They have never been in a field together but get on well over the fence, so that will be my only option this week until we sort the mess out, or they stay in.

Tempi

Visit site
it was awful here last night, i was suprised when i went to the yard this morning that there weren't any trees down. Just lots of debree on the roads. Poor Archie trundle up to his field in the dark, wind and rain like a little angel - bless him
smirk.gif

Bertie_Boo

Visit site
We've had gales and rain for days here too and it's driving me potty! We've had a lot of branches down but nothing too serious. My boy lives out and the field is a mud bath in places and he keeps losing shoes. Coupled with that he acts like a loon when it's so windy, you take your life in your hands when bringing in or turning out. Heavy sigh.

Sooty

Visit site
Only yet another tree down on the electric fence, that is the norm here. And the inevitable power cut. Do be careful though, a young farmer nearly died in the village a couple of years ago when a barn door got caught by the wind and crushed his head against the barn. He had brain damage and is still recovering. I am totally with you, wind is evil. You can wrap up against every other weather condition, but the wind has a mind of its own. And it stops our Sky dish working properly!

suestowford

Visit site
I was cursing the wind yesterday as I came back from doing the ponies. They don't mind it, but crossing the top field with the empty feed buckets I nearly took off (think of Mary Poppins and her umbrella and you'd have it right). I was more than a bit frightened as the wind was making a sort of howling noise, so I hid in the barn in the top field for a while until it had calmed down a bit. I find this weather quite maddening, I can understand why some horses go ballistic in it.

debsflo

Visit site
glad im not the only one fed up with being carted from field to stable in dark with wind howling and spooky horses also cant ride as would end up in next county ,roll on proper winter cold and crisp