Black cat in a hay barn

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Can you see the cat?

BCCEE7CE-7CAB-4D6F-96A2-4F5F99C5309A.jpeg

Me neither.

But yesterday I went into the hay barn and rolled down one of the top bales to use. Oops, it will have at least frightened the cat and may have caught it a glancing blow. Cat was not amused, but still slept in the barn again last night. It understandably bears me a grudge, though. This was it hissing at me this morning as I checked very carefully for a feline presence before fetching more hay.

98E94B1C-B8B6-4FC7-AC29-D0221A22862C.jpeg

It’s not ours, but I think I know where it lives. I love cats, and have always enjoyed seeing this one prowling about across our fields. I don’t know if it is normally friendly, but I had best assume that it will never want to be friends with me after the tumbling bale incident :oops:.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Spread Eagle yourself on the floor, seek forgiveness from Bastet and bring lots of food (maybe some sardines in tomato sauce or some cooked chicken) as offerings and I'm sure that cat will accept your apology. :D:D:D
I like this idea, but I’m afraid that might attract the JRT to the cat cave/hay barn. Think moggy would pack his/her bags altogether if that happened!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
If it's any consolation, I once stuffed a stable cat into a haynet, and the cat's forgiven me! And he still sleeps like this...

View attachment 45845

We once weighed our yard cat “Moley” or “Mo Mo” in a hay net so we knew what wormer to buy him ?. Luckily he forgave us.

1494GeK.jpg

In my car this morning whilst unloading feed

QUkwRjy.jpg

He just turned up one day. We traced the owner and she took him back but he just kept coming back and it’s a dangerous journey. In the end the cattleman who’s sadly since died took him on. We now look after him between us and his widow.

PurBee

Visit site
This black cat as a youngish kitten just turned up at our remote place....after day 3 i just had to feed the skinny thing...yet unlike the other ferels i’ve ended up with, he was super friendly from the start! So friendly he came in and laid with the dogs on their bed...who were so shocked by his audacity, did nothing and accepted him!

(purbee pic neck torsion time! ?)

95881CB3-7014-42E0-A309-EA546541F27C.jpeg

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Cat is still very cross with me today. Plenty of hissing and cat swearing going on when I dared to set foot in the hay barn. Still not sure of its sex, but it’s got pronounced jowls, so I presume that it’s a Tom.

E0A7ED25-BE13-4F0B-9A1A-88801AD0A3F3.jpeg
Plus the swallows are back, which is lovely except that they are cursing me every time I go into the stables.

I am feeling animal pecked in my own stable yard :oops:.

PurBee

Visit site
Was like the Godfather scene yesterday morning when i go to sit at my desk and find wild black cat had left me a mouse head on the pillow of my chair!

Last night i spot him eating a mouse outside, and saw he had another dead whole one strewn beside him as seconds. How he’s catching 2 at a time i’ll never know!...although he climbs trees and kills squirrels so perhaps mice are ‘easy prey’ for him now. Never known such a adept predator cat!

Pic below is of my first wild rescue...he was 20 yrs old in that pic taken last spring...i wondered in and found him asleep on a plate he’d eaten yogurt from! He died last summer, was an excellent ratter in his day...known as Sabre...who ironically had teeth issues his whole life and ended up with 3 big fangs remaining!

3607AAA2-4B1E-430A-8FB5-17674CF8883F.jpeg

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Was like the Godfather scene yesterday morning when i go to sit at my desk and find wild black cat had left me a mouse head on the pillow of my chair!

Last night i spot him eating a mouse outside, and saw he had another dead whole one strewn beside him as seconds. How he’s catching 2 at a time i’ll never know!...although he climbs trees and kills squirrels so perhaps mice are ‘easy prey’ for him now. Never known such a adept predator cat!

Pic below is of my first wild rescue...he was 20 yrs old in that pic taken last spring...i wondered in and found him asleep on a plate he’d eaten yogurt from! He died last summer, was an excellent ratter in his day...known as Sabre...who ironically had teeth issues his whole life and ended up with 3 big fangs remaining!

View attachment 45947

I’ll raise you three mice, a bloody hallway and a pile of sick ? ?

I woke up the other day to find a dismembered mouse in my bedroom, a pile of cat food sick on the landing, a blood spatter scene from CSI and two dead baby mice on my rug! This is my own cat not the yard one.

Smug cat

2j2fTEw.jpg

Evidence
2cUxfEC.jpg

4gI0jwO.jpg

PurBee

Visit site

I woke up the other day to find a dismembered mouse in my bedroom, a pile of cat food sick on the landing, a blood spatter scene from CSI and two dead baby mice on my rug! This is my own cat not the yard one.

Smug cat

2j2fTEw.jpg

Evidence
2cUxfEC.jpg

4gI0jwO.jpg
?? yours went for the whole nest!! Just couldnt quite manage to keep it down tho’..bless him! ?

Lois Lame

Visit site

Smug cat

2j2fTEw.jpg

Evidence
2cUxfEC.jpg

4gI0jwO.jpg

My banana cake for morning tea tastes funny.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site

Smug cat

2j2fTEw.jpg

Evidence
2cUxfEC.jpg

4gI0jwO.jpg
Look at the amount of smug on that cat's face :D

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
And just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water...:oops:

Nearly got my bent over back raked by claws yesterday! Black cat must have moved elsewhere for a few weeks as I hadn’t seen him, and so I had stopped checking so carefully to see if it was safe to fetch hay.

116D4F3A-8836-4A30-AE6B-592355BEF497.jpeg
I’m actually rather pleased to see him back, as I was rather worried that he may have come to some harm. The feeling is clearly not mutual, though!

I’ll pop out in a bit and put a water bowl in there for him.

Cloball

Visit site

2j2fTEw.jpg

Evidence
2cUxfEC.jpg

4gI0jwO.jpg
Can I raise you 3 shrews one alive and one mouse also alive (alive ones rescued from the kitchen ) and two broken eggs. OH stood on one dead mouse in his slippers. Not even our cat ... Just likes to release wildlife into our kitchen if I leave the door open. Screenshot_20200530-150825~2.pngbutter wouldn't melt!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
That cat
Can I raise you 3 shrews one alive and one mouse also alive (alive ones rescued from the kitchen ) and two broken eggs. OH stood on one dead mouse in his slippers. Not even our cat ... Just likes to release wildlife into our kitchen if I leave the door open. View attachment 48502butter wouldn't melt!
That cat is saying ‘Don’t believe a word she’s written...’