Black horses - what colour suits yours?

cob&onion

Visit site
Just been discussing what would work best underneath my WH saddle - well i started looking on eBay and came across a load of gorgeous coloured saddle cloths.
I really would like to get him one for everyday schooling.
He is a very dark brown/black with 3 white knee length stockings and a smaller front white sock and a blaze.
Being a welshie i don't want to totally bling him up! just a splash of colour i think for a bit of fun :)

Just wondered what colours other people have there black horses in? (pics welcome!)

I am torn between (HKM) pistachio , olive, deep pink and the petrol!

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I am a bit boring with my black horse! I like white best and have had some purple as it is my favourite colour but currently have his everyday number as a slate grey. Of the colours you suggest I would go for olive or petrol

Fun Times

Visit site
I have a chestnut so not qualified to comment, but I do think black horses look cracking with red numnahs, boots etc.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Just been discussing what would work best underneath my WH saddle - well i started looking on eBay and came across a load of gorgeous coloured saddle cloths.
I really would like to get him one for everyday schooling.
He is a very dark brown/black with 3 white knee length stockings and a smaller front white sock and a blaze.
Being a welshie i don't want to totally bling him up! just a splash of colour i think for a bit of fun :)

Just wondered what colours other people have there black horses in? (pics welcome!)

I am torn between (HKM) pistachio , olive, deep pink and the petrol!

Not into black horses myself but I like red on BLACK HORSE

JustKickOn

Visit site
Saddlecloths- I have a dark blue/ light blue stripy one, red, baby pink, black with a really dark purple binding and a white one for competitions.

Most colours except brown suit black horses!

suzysparkle

Visit site
The HKM saddlecloths are brilliant and at the price you can get more than one :) I do endurance and alternate between red and light blue as I have a help for heroes hat cover so they match that. I also have a grey one and a darker blue which I got on sale for a tenner. I prefer the red but can't find a picture, here's the light blue :

Last edited:

EveningStar

Visit site
Nearly every colour suits! Not true about the brown too, especially for more of a dark bay.
Red looks fantastic on my boy and I reeeeaally want the HKM cassandra set in the royal blue

Doublethyme

Visit site
Yellow really suits my girl, although any colour really. I alternate between the more traditional and blingy/matchy look. Love purples/pinks too but grey looks very smart too and of course white.