black or navy for dressage

Ladylina83

Visit site
If you have got the option to only by one jacket to do everything buy a tweed, you can wear it for dressage with a tie or a coloured stock and for most things in the show ring !

I also quite like tweed in dressage as it avoids the " all the gear, no idea " look! lol

if you want a dark jacket though I would go for navy as it is very multi purpose and will sell well if you ever shrink / grow / give up !

ThePony

Visit site
Assuming you are a girl? In which case navy is correct.
Wether you would wear it for showing depends on your horse. For alot of classes tweed is correct for showing, in which case I would echo the advice above and get a tweed to do all jobs - looks v smart for dressage too I think!

Linz29

Visit site
hi yes i am a girl :) i already have a good tweed jacket. my horse is a anglo arab and just thought it would look better if i was wearing a plain jacket for dressage. think il go for the navy one as my hat is navy! thanks ;)

nikCscott

Visit site
I also quite like tweed in dressage as it avoids the " all the gear, no idea " look! lol

if you want a dark jacket though I would go for navy as it is very multi purpose and will sell well if you ever shrink / grow / give up !

^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^

Jesstickle

Visit site
If you have got the option to only by one jacket to do everything buy a tweed, you can wear it for dressage with a tie or a coloured stock and for most things in the show ring !

Agreed. I wear my tweed for dressage as we only do prelim and I think tweed is more 'correct' for low level stuff.

I only wear my navy jacket to showjump :)

Lynette30

New User
Visit site
Hi Linz29,

I have just posted asking if pinstripe is allowed!! The British Dressage rules aren't all that clear and don't want to get it wrong! :)

cob&onion

Visit site
I have a navy jacket for dressage but since i ride a cob i will be wearing my green tweed for dressage.
Saying that though the last dressage i went to (alot of people there, big classes) i was in the minority wearing tweed, even people with cobs where in navy or back jackets?