Blackie’s first proper hack!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Bit self indulgent but Blackie had his first proper hack out last night. We had been out once before but I was walking while Gina rode. It was fantastic, Mum rode Otto, I rode Gem and Gina (GinaGem) rode Blackie. We just walked but we did go though the woods. He didn’t put a foot wrong, bless him. I really think he is going to be a fantastic, safe all-rounder.
I think it was the first time that we have actually had three horses to ride so that we could all go out together, to was a bit of a historic moment. We have always shared horses in the past, or one of us hasn’t had one.

Mum rode Otto because she feels safer on him then Gem after having a nasty accident on her last year.

Blackie is also getting his proper saddle on Monday (currently being ridden in a borrowed Treeless). He was too wide for even the widest gullet on the Wintec 500, so he is having he’s own ‘Cob’ Wintec!

Thanks for reading, I’m just so excited in how much he has done and come on in less then two weeks.

JoElla

rach1984horse

Visit site
Well Done Blackie.
laugh.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
He is, he is wonderful! I have never met a more affectionate horse, he’s never happier then when he’s getting cuddles, infact he demands them!

piaffe

Visit site
Oh bless! well done Blackie!

I have yet to take mine out on a proper hack. I do occasionally take him out after a schooling session as i know he's knackered! But i don't go very far at all and we haven't yet met a car!
grin.gif