Blaklion

Clodagh

Visit site
This is really sad. How much did they pay for him to run in the National?
https://gofund.me/4104078cHey, what's up? I'm reaching out because Blaklion, a 15-year-old retired racehorse, deserves a peaceful retirement after all he's done, and every little bit helps him get there. Could you please click the link below to donate or share it around? Thanks a lot!

Snowfilly

Visit site
This is really sad. How much did they pay for him to run in the National?
https://gofund.me/4104078cHey, what's up? I'm reaching out because Blaklion, a 15-year-old retired racehorse, deserves a peaceful retirement after all he's done, and every little bit helps him get there. Could you please click the link below to donate or share it around? Thanks a lot!
There isn’t anything at the link?

Smitty

Visit site
I remember one horse that ran in the National with a lady rider, being recovered starving from a rubbish tip. Some 20 years ago but still..

Conversely, my sister still looks after on a daily basis (well, depending on if they are in or out, probably very much more often) a very moderate hurdle who must now be 30 owned by our OH's syndicate who owes us nothing.

bonny

Visit site
Why oh why, can't they just give him to the girl ?

Racing people are terrible, he must have won so much for them and now they are selling him !
That girl sounds genuine, gift the horse to her.

Shame on them .
He’s not in racing anymore, he’s owned by someone else so it’s up to them where he goes, same as an other horse really.

humblepie

Visit site
There’s a H&H article about him retraining with an event rider in May 2023 and out competing. It says plan was for owner’s children to ride him long term.

Jenko109

Visit site
They may sell him to a suitable home, but once they relinquish ownership, who knows what happens next.

We all know all too well that horses can end up in unsuitable homes and that slippery slope has happened to many, many good horses.

It baffles me that horses like this are not considered to have earnt their security and a home for life.