Bleached coat....

piaffe

Visit site
Anything I can do/use for a sun bleached coat? My boys coat isn't looking great at all and was just wondering if there is anything i can do?

He had a rug on, but kept taking it off so gave up on that!

CastleMouse

Visit site
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it, you could try those colour inhancing shampoos
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
The weather is what is to blame I should think - we had so much heat and then it went cold again, so horses have started regrowing coats and now are malting a tad again
frown.gif
Other than wearing a big rug that will repel the sun there really is not anything you can do about it

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My girls now more skewbald than piebald (secretly I'm delighted, as never wanted a piebald anyway, but don't tell Sparks that!!!!!)
grin.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
He he... my dark bay has gone so light on her flanks that she looks dunn there!

Never seen her as light as she is this year, in fact I've heard so many people saying that!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Ditto, I have a skewbald most of the year round now, seriously. When I clip him out he is grey/chestnutty colour, and goest chestynut in summer too, yey!

helenandshadow

Visit site
There isn't much you can do about it. My black pony has goes dark bay in the summer (even though she wears a fly rug so isn't really exposed to the sun), her winter coat comes through black but then when i clip her she goes browny grey colour!!