Bleeding sarcoid!

squirtlysmum

Visit site
Help! My boy has a sarcoid inside the top of one of his back legs and it always starts to ulcerate this time of year, then heals and goes dormant but today it's bleeding. He's recently started Sarc-X and has Camrosa over it but has anyone any other ideas.
The vet has mentioned liverpool cream but I've heard reports that it a) hurts and b) is extremely toxic, there is no two ways about it who ever were to apply this would get kicked into next year as he doesn't do pain!
Additionally it's a bad time of year to tie off and I know they have a tendancy to come back worse. HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!

erminstrudel

New User
Visit site
Hi. Thuja cream is what you need! It's totally natural, not ridiculously expensive and unbelievable at clearing sarcoids and any other warty growth. My lad had 6 sarcoids on the insides of his hind legs and on his sheath - a couple were bigger than a 50p piece and extended quite a way under the skin. I used Thuja for a couple of months early last summer & haven't seen any signs of sarcoids since. I got mine online from a company called Ainsworths, it cost me about £15 including P&P and it hardly looks like I've used any despite being used twice a day for 8 - 10 weeks. It's a bit scary at first as it actually makes the sarcoid look worse to start with - they get quite inflamed and sore looking before they just disappear. I was very sceptical before using it but have since used it on warts on the dog & my son as well, all with great success.
Good luck!
smile.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
That sounds great but if you do have to go the liverpool cream road it worked for minewhich was huge and bleeding.The vet can sedate if they become difficult to do but mine was ok but it is expensive because of the visits

mellissa

Visit site
Hello there,

My horse had quite a few in a big line under his belly from between his legs along the midline.

He had them cry-oed i.e frozen with liquid nitrogen just like warts. He looked like he had nipples along his belly after treatment! They fell off after a couple of days.

They have not re grown and that was four years ago.

Good luck

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mickey

Visit site
I don't think this will be particularly encouraging but:

My horse had a 'sarcoid' on his pastern. I put that in quotes because although the vets thought it was a sarcoid when it was eventually biopsied it came back negative. They treated it with liverpool cream and that failed to work. (Well it appeared to get rid of it but it came back later on). I then tried camrosa. No joy. I tried rubber banding it but it just came back again and again. Last yr I decided to band it and then once it had dropped off bandage it flat continually for a few days. This worked. It has gone away and not returned.

Firstly do you know for sure this is a sarcoid? Has it been biopsied? I know they don't like to biopsy as it can make them worse.

Secondly I would not be adverse to using the liverpool cream if it is a sarcoid and that is what your vet recommends. They will usually sedate anyway because it is a toxic cream and the vet wont want it going anywhere other than the glove and the sarcoid.

hadleigh

Visit site
A friend of mine used Aloe Vera spray on my horses sarcoid which also ulcerates and bleeds at this time of year. It dried everything up almost immediately and the horse didn't mind it at all. The sarcoid is on the inside and top of his foreleg, his armpit really so difficut to get at easily. However I am going to give the Thuja cream a go.

rrose

Visit site
a horse that is on livery has a sarcoids in his sheath which have turned into ulcers, hes bleeds alot and his owners dont come up for many months. we have thuja cream but we also use the hose every night when he comes in.

MagicMelon

Visit site
My boys sarcoid did this last year. Vet checked it to make sure it wasnt infected (which it wasnt), then I just washed it every day with salty water, then applied Cut Heal Gel. Cut Heal is fabulous stuff! The sarcoid began healing straight away and even shrunk to the point I can even see it - when the vet said it would likely leave a scar!