Blinkers for jumping?

equibabe20

Visit site
Ok please don't shout at me if this is totally stupid, but someone at a show today who was watching me jump suggested I try blinkers on him as he spends the whole time looking elsewhere. I have no idea about blinkers so I thought I'd ask on here as to wether or not you can use them for jumping?

show_jumper

Visit site
hi

not allowed im afraid!
i just look it up in the rules...

but my youngster used to be like that and after a couple of months of consistent competition every week - he settled.....

CastleMouse

Visit site
They aren't allowed, but sheepskin cheek-pieces do a similar thing
smile.gif

rara007

Visit site
If you were going to do it you could not use normal blinkers as the horse can not see the ground so would struggle to judge the jump.

Haz

jesterfaerie

Visit site
As castle mouse correctly said that sheepskin cheek pieces will have the same effect without being detrimental towards the horses vision but baring in mind i think they cannot be more than a certain thickness if you wish to compete affiliated (not completly sure) but blinkers in general are not allowed.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I'd say try to get his attention at the job in hand. My boy used to do this, he'd spook at everything by the edge of the ring and be neighing to his pals as he went round, but as long as they jump ok then it's not really a problem. Otherwise, Im sure it'll just come with time.