Blisters

kirstyfk

Visit site
I always get blisters on my 4th fingers when I ride. I always wear gloves but I still get blisters. Is there anything I can do to make my skin tougher? As it hurts!

Rambo

Visit site
White spirit ?

How about holding the reins under your little finger instead (although I find it very strange....lots of people do
shocked.gif
).

ETS: It might be surgical spirit thinking about it
tongue.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
I have to do that sometimes when they are really bad but i prefer riding the traditional way! I think i will go and get some white spirit, its just so annoying.

sorona

Visit site
I woulndt go down the white spirit route, it is for thinning paint and cleaning paint brushes, lol!! Go with the surgical spirit, it is also used to hardening up a horses back so it doesnt get saddle sores.
You could also try wearing 2 pairs of cheap, thin gloves at this time of year as one pair will stay move with your hand an the other with your reins. Walkers and skiers wear 2 pairs of socks for the same reason!

Parkranger

Visit site
If your gloves are too thick (like mine were) I found my hands sweated and thus blistered.

Got some lovely pigskin and crochet gloves - nice thin and breathable - if you hunt around at more traditional saddlers you can pick them up for £5 a pair.