Blood Blister inside mare vulva

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Last night as we brought my mare from the field, my mum noticed she had blood down the insides of her back legs and her tail was saturated in blood. We walked her to the yard and started sponging the blood off to try and see where it was coming from. After much sponging (and a few carrots!) we discovered the blood was coming from her actual 'Flower' area.
Once we found where the blood was coming from, we opened the lips just gentley to see where it was coming from, just inside her there was a clear blood filled bag ( about the size of a cream egg). After discovering this we asked the YO to have a look, she said she had never seen anything like it before. We then phoned the vet straight away who told us they were totally snowed under and wouldnt make it up until the morning. Personally I wasnt pleased with this and wanted my mare seen directly, so phoned them back and said i would appreciate my mare seen asap and if they werent available id be forced to phone another vet. Ten mins later my vet called back to say she would be with me within the next hour!
Before the vet arrived my mare attempted to pee, this was really uncomfortable and stale (dark yellow)- as though she hadnt done one for a while, as she was piddling, her bloody bag was popping out and in- it looked as though she was having difficulty and didnt know when she was finished.

Once the vet arrived she examined the bag, nd said it s a blood blister- injury. Common in a horse who has been covered by a big stallion, or had a large foal. She discribed it as a type of bruising, she also said that since there was already blood being dicharged from it then it had already burst its self and would slowly go down, if there was no change then i she would burst it and drain out the blood. Ive to keep her back end covered in baby cream/ a barrier so that if she pees then the pee isnt going to sting. I never got any pic due to the sheer worry, but may get some tonight!

Maisy is a 7 year old sports horse type, previously had 2 foals- her olderst is 2 yo. She is perfectly well within herself and was out competing 1m05 wh course on saturday with out showing any signs of discomfort.

Has anyone else ever came across this?!
Any advice, tips or stories welcome!

Cheers Guys!