bloomin bloomin effin effin

guido16

Visit site
My youngster went away yesterday to be backed. So today, before he is even out of stable, he has an abccess! Typical. Lucky for me the owner is a farrier . ( His wife and brilliant head groom do the backing) So my boy is having none of it. Farrier. Not well. Off I head with sedalin!! A tube later, wonderful "ill" farrier Has managed to puncture it and on with the poultice. Poor farrier. And poor boy. Fingers crossed.

Anyone else had such bad luck when backing?

Tamba

Visit site
oh. dear, not a good start...
hope he gets over it fast...poor boy..have to say, i ve had my fair share of abcesses..esp with this wet muddy weather.

guido16

Visit site
Thanks tamba. You know how pleased I was with the way he travelled. Poor boy was sweating through pain when I got there. Typical woosy TB. Thank goodness farrier is ill so was at home! Anyway of out to ride and lead companion for the first time.
Think I might have a wine beforehand! Lol

Tamba

Visit site
Thanks tamba. You know how pleased I was with the way he travelled. Poor boy was sweating through pain when I got there. Typical woosy TB. Thank goodness farrier is ill so was at home! Anyway of out to ride and lead companion for the first time.
Think I might have a wine beforehand! Lol

Good luck with that, dutch courage always helps!

Tammytoo

Visit site
I bought my youngster home after sending her to a Very Top Trainer to be broken - brought her home armed with follow-up training instructions, only for her to come out hopping lame the day after she arrived home with an abcess!

TBs just love getting abcesses:rolleyes:

Mariposa

Visit site
I bought a 3 yr old at the sales last year, and within a week of her coming home she got an abscess. She wouldn't/couldn't put any weight on her foot poor thing, when the vet finally got to it the puss literally shot across the stable ( sorry if you're eating whilst reading this!!). Never seen anything like it...the look of relief of the filly's face was priceless.