Bloomin Horses again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
FinnMcoul beat me to it, but mine also behaved in a similar manner today.

Went to a show local to my new yard, the jumps looked great, ground fab, went back to the yard and got her ready.

Arrived at the showground, she was shaking slightly and pooing for britain - sloppy greenish poo - all over. (bearing in mind we go out jumping EVERY week to different venues) Pain in the bum to tack up, as for putting studs in, one of the back ones would'nt go in and I was covered in sloppy poo - so pleasant!

True to form, she jumped a double clear, we got 3rd as I did'nt cut the corners as much as I could as I had'nt got studs in!

Next class, complete tizzy head, struggled all the way round as she was pinging off all fours, and I just got cross with her and we managed four faults.

OK to untack and going home till we come up the lane to the yard, then she starts stomping and being silly, got all tizzied again!!!!

Generally she is fine, but so hard to manage when she gets her tizzy head on, I just get really cross with her.

She's on hormonal mare (which is also supposed to calm) mixed with a handful of bran and the dodson and horrell quiet mix.

Some days I wish I had a nice chilled gelding, not a stroppy orange mare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icestationzebra

Visit site
If it is any consolation Ice was a stroppy orange GELDING! He would get like that at most outings and it was very frustrating. I know it is hard in the heat of competition and when you feel they are doing everything they can to go against you - but staying calm is everything. If you get uptight with them they immediately think that there is something to be in a tizz about! Hard I know! I used the Top Spec calmer for a while which did take the edge off......

Hattikins

Visit site
i have an orange hormonal mare too- but she does the opposite to urs!!!!!!! she hardly ever gets over excited and if shes had enough she plants
mad.gif
its almost worse when they done move
frown.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
mmmmm, I need to not get cross with her and let her go two strides out to the fence, which is rather difficult when you let go she tanks! At least she keeps me on my toes! Never a dull moment!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Go on then, I will swap for lanky dark bay gelding who is lovely until the tizzy switch is flicked. JUst wondered if you have tried any magnesium calmers, the woman I sold my pony to last year has had the crazy pony on them and she reckons they have made a huge improvement.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I have had Nupafeed recommended by a very good friend, I havent tried it because of the price. I am trying some alternative healing techniques on Sov! Dont laugh but my friend is a healer and she hacks out with me sometimes so she is doing it for nowt, Ive nothing to lose.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Tried the tube of that stuff on May before a dressage comp and it did Nothing!! But different stuff does work on different horses, you could give it a go?

The Top Spec calmer was quite good, but the hormonal mare has worked a treat, this time last year she was unbelieveably nappy, much worse when in season, at least she has been manageable year!