Bloss the super cob!

Tempi

Visit site
So many of you know the story behind Bloss - 2 foals, 20 next year and now back in full competition work.

Shes gone from strength to strength recently and is now learning flying changes at the age of 19 - I couldnt be more proud of her, shes an amazing horse and tries her heart out all the time.

I had 2 more points to get in a qualifier to secure our Elementary Regional qualification so we tootled off to Sparsholt on Sunday to do E59 (my least favourite test in the world!) As usual she was a star, test went ok - 3 large mistakes which dropped me around 6/7 marks - so I wasnt holding out on getting the qualifying score (need to get 64% and over). Anyway by the skin of my teeth we got 65% and came 3rd in the restricted secion and joint 4th overall in a strong class, so i was thrilled.

We are now qualified for the Regionals at Elementary and Elementary music.

A couple of pictures from Sunday - I HAVE BOUGHT THESE PICTURES AS DIGITAL IMAGES PLEASE DO NOT BUTTON PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

[Content removed]

[Content removed]

So coblet is having some time off competing until December when she will get going for qualifcation for the Medium summer regionals and the Adv Med Petplans.

Other news from me is that my website is nearly up and running, so once it is all finalised I will post a link for you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dollysox

Visit site
She's lovely. I'm a big fan of older horses learning new things. My now 24 year old mare was transformed into a dressage pony for several months at the age of 21 by my sharer at the time (the lovely Lucky Horseshoe - thank you!). The body might have struggled at times but the brain was still as sharp as a knife.

Good luck with the future plans.

Barney&Buzz

Visit site
The oldie's are the bestie's. She's lovely! My 20yo has just become a working hunter star after years of being a showjumper with little other skills than run fast and jump high

Vetwrap

Visit site
She is lovely - no wonder you are so proud of her. She certainly doesn't look like an older lady!

I have to ask - her markings? Are they a trick of the light, as I haven't ever seen markings quite like hers!

Alfami

Visit site
She looks great.

Can I ask a silly question? (Forgive me, I'm not 'up' on your story). Did Bloss use to event? I once knew a very useful mare called Bloss (who'd be about the same age) who did pretty well at Novice - they look very similar - but it's been a while..........

1Lucie

Visit site
Lovely horse. He is very similar type to my horse, we are both beginners to dressage and starting out. Really inspiring to me, to see you doing so well! :)

Tempi

Visit site
Thank you for all your lovely replies, and thanks to the person who pushed the button on my pictures that I paid for the digital image of.....

The oldie's are the bestie's. She's lovely! My 20yo has just become a working hunter star after years of being a showjumper with little other skills than run fast and jump high

They definitely are the best! Ah glad your oldie now has a new job :)

Great photo's and result!

Do you ever get any updates on Archie?

No don't hear how he is, I know he was sold on again but that was a long time ago now. The lady he was sold too just wanted a schoolmaster and didnt want to compete.

She is lovely - no wonder you are so proud of her. She certainly doesn't look like an older lady!

I have to ask - her markings? Are they a trick of the light, as I haven't ever seen markings quite like hers!

Shes plain old bay, so must be the light!! (Or her sweat!!)

She looks great.

Can I ask a silly question? (Forgive me, I'm not 'up' on your story). Did Bloss use to event? I once knew a very useful mare called Bloss (who'd be about the same age) who did pretty well at Novice - they look very similar - but it's been a while..........

No shes never evented, I bought her from a riding school 10 years ago :)

Really well done on the qualifications :) She is just getting better and better!

You're 100 times more organised than me with the website building then :D Look forwards to seeing it :)

Lol, i'm getting there with mine, hopefully will be live next week just a few more tweaks to do. Its so addictive!

dafthoss

Visit site
Well done bloss and you! What a fab little mare to do so well at her age, I bet no one would believe you if you said she came from a rs.

Shame about the button pushers they seem to be all over the place at the moment and they seem to be going through old posts as well.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Well done glad you are still having fun together and nice that you have a dynasty to follow her!