Blousen Jacket question

The-Bookworm

Visit site
And I won't be offended by the answers.

For those who ride in the short blousen type jackets. Does anyone have issues with it rising up and bits of your back getting cold?
I am wondering if it's too small and hence that's why it seems to pull up the underneath layers!
Are some makes known for being a little longer. It's a Toggi.

I don't mind yes you've gained weight tis too small. Or could it be the hi viz that goes over being too tight?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have a few blousen type jackets the Aldi one is not great for riding it rides up round my back, I tend to wear it around the yard and dog walking as it is warm, I have a very light weight horseware one which fits lovely and is really comfortable for riding when it's not cold but it is shower proof, I personally prefer riding in a gillet or body warmer with a few layers underneath, feels less restricted but still keeps you warm.

Lammy

Visit site
Wouldn’t say it’s a size issue, I purposely bought a bigger sized mark Todd blouson to fit all my layers and big jumpers under it and it still rides up.
My favourite coat was actually bought for me this Christmas. It’s a Felix Buhler (Swedish make?) and it’s the warmest comfiest thing I’ve ever had. It has zips so you can ride in it and keep your legs warm, a cheaper version of those UHIP? coats.

They’re on Kramer if anyone is interested:

https://m.kramer.co.uk/Rider/Womens...MIvu62_rKR4AIVK7vtCh1K1wX1EAQYAyABEgLCdPD_BwE

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Mine rides up. I think it’s because my bum where it should sit is naturally wider than my waist and being elasticated it travels up to the narrowest most unstretched place.
Incredibly annoying and tbh I rarely wear one anymore

Steerpike

Visit site
This is why I don't buy blouson jackets any more, will only wear my one doing afternoon stables where I don't have to ride in it.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have one, a Mark Todd. It goes over my BP (and still zips up) & has come in v useful for XC schooling or fun rides etc in grotty weather. I am not tall in the trunk tho.
It lives in the horsebox as a spare jacket.

Usual hacking jackets come down a bit more, I like my large expanse of bum being covered!

jj_87

Visit site
i have had a couple of the Musto Snugs and they do ride up, they also inflate when its windy and make you look like a marshmallow.... but they are very very warm.

I like the Musto Training jacket, a bit longer and still fleece lined.

Shay

Visit site
Yes - they ride up. And the rain runs down the back of it and soaks your knickers. or it does mine anyway! I think Pioutreq has it right - most people's waists are smaller than their backside os the elasticated naturally gravitates to the narrowest point. I suspect the issue might be worse if you are slightly hourglass shaped.

sportsmansB

Visit site
Also useless for grooming at events / prepping horses, as every time I bend over and stand up again (with a cold chill down my back to add to the misery), its up round my waist and I look like a blueberry on stalks.
Don't wear them any more for this exact reason

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I have over trousers that must come up to a point and this to another.
I am not long in the body.
Glad it's not just me having issues. I could do with something a little longer, but not so long I sit on it when riding.
Really long coats are a no. Anything that straps to me around her strangles me- she's very wide.

cold_feet

Visit site
Mine rides up. I think it’s because my bum where it should sit is naturally wider than my waist and being elasticated it travels up to the narrowest most unstretched place.
Incredibly annoying and tbh I rarely wear one anymore

You could be on to something there - I’ve had a series of different blouson jackets and have loved them all. Latest is a cheapo lightweight from Aldi which is great. I don’t have a waist!

The-Bookworm

Visit site
You could be on to something there - I’ve had a series of different blouson jackets and have loved them all. Latest is a cheapo lightweight from Aldi which is great. I don’t have a waist!
I was about to say isn't everyone's bum wider than there waist. Then someone says they don't have a waist. How do your clothes stay on :)

Starzaan

Visit site
I've never had a problem with them riding up, but I do wear a long fitted layer underneath. I love baselayers that come down and cover my bum, that way even if my coat did ride up i would still be warm!

AGray825

Visit site
The more 'normal' blouson does this with me, so I make sure I have my super high waist breeches and a thick thermal layer to tuck in if I'm going to ride with it on (Mark Todd blouson)

HOWEVER, my mum got for Christmas this blouson jacket: https://pcracewear.ie/collections/p...thing-collection/products/pc-xtro-vert-jacket <---- and it's brilliant. The blouson style at the front and then longer at the back to keep your lower back warm. All of their jackets are styled this way and I think it's really good!

McFluff

Visit site
My everything rides up 😩 I actually get holes in my tops from pulling them back down!

Me too - I can't wear jackets with elasticated hems at all. I'm very hourglass shape, so have this issue even not riding...(I don't think it is a size issue as still happens if I wear a huge size of jacket, it is the elastic migrating to the narrowest point - for me anyway).

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Many blousons, because they're not fitted, will be cut to a male "last", therefore on many women the elastic waist will be a little snug and pull upwards. Can't remember the last time I bought one, I'm long in the body too, so a double whammy.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I was about to say isn't everyone's bum wider than there waist. Then someone says they don't have a waist. How do your clothes stay on :)
Me too - I can't wear jackets with elasticated hems at all. I'm very hourglass shape, so have this issue even not riding...(I don't think it is a size issue as still happens if I wear a huge size of jacket, it is the elastic migrating to the narrowest point - for me anyway).
do you keep hitching your jeans up too? 🤞

Horsekaren

Visit site
Not very in keeping with the H&H audience but i received a £10.00 bomber jacket in the post from Sports Direct on the weekend.... yes it is Khaki with that bright orange lining but do you know what! it is fantastic for riding in and such good value for money! It doesn't ride up or let air in, doesn't make me feel like a porky blob on my horse and tbh it looks pretty cool (IMO :p )

I love it so much im toying with ordering the same in black!

Kharki https://www.sportsdirect.com/golddigga-bomber-jacket-ladies-667176?colcode=66717616
Black https://www.sportsdirect.com/golddigga-bomber-jacket-ladies-667176?colcode=66717603