Blue Chip and EHV!!

Dukey

Visit site
I'm a little bit confused about how safe we should be. So Uthopia isn't going to Addington, as my local show centre I spend a lot of time there. Have there been any cases around Buckinghamshire? Or is it just a precaution because of Uthopia's value?

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
I'm a little bit confused about how safe we should be. So Uthopia isn't going to Addington, as my local show centre I spend a lot of time there. Have there been any cases around Buckinghamshire? Or is it just a precaution because of Uthopia's value?

I can't comment on Carl's decision really, but I am assuming that some of the horses due at Addington were at Mysercough PL - the horse that has coNtracted EHV in Aberdeen was also at Myerscough.

However, they may have just decided this as a general precaution - not specifically because of his value but because they don't want to put him at risk and as yet we are unsure of just how far the virus has spread.

Several other riders have also decided not to go to Addington, I can count only 6 left in the GP that I don't know have withdrawn...

boxcarhorse

Visit site
The BD Forum's reporting that many of the top riders have withdrawn from the CDI at Addington, Charlotte DuJardin, the Eilbergs, Richard Davidson, Gareth Hughes etc. etc.

Personally I think they are being really sensible - why risk it when there have been two fatalities and more cases see to be cropping up every few days.

jcoombs

Visit site
My horses returned home to cheshire from hartpury last week as I study there, the outbreak on the hunt yard had not reached us by then but I am now aware of a case 3 miles from hartpury therefore I will not be taking them back if they choose to run the shows over easter, this disease is contagious and spreading and I don't want to run the risk of my horses catching it.

Daytona

Visit site
The yards in Aberdeen are going in to lock down, shows being cancelled and lessons, on recommendation from BS I'm told for one of the big centres.

Seems sensible. We not allowed to take our horses off our yard for now , yard owner will see what like as days go on

Sensible if you ask me.

millimoo

Visit site
Apparently the Scottish horse that was at Myerscough has been confirmed as having EHV1 strain... About time everyone stopped competing for 3-4 weeks, before it escalates

Daytona

Visit site
A private dressage yard in Blackburn, it's not a livery yard just a family's own yard. It's well publicised on FB the owners have been great and very honest and up front about it, as they should because its hardly anyone's fault.

Hogholm, tillyoch, oldfold and goval (I think) have all closed as a precaution for next 10 days.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
My RC were due to send a team down to Hartpury for BRC SJ champs this weekend. This morning, having spoken further with someone who is dealing with confirmed EHV cases and the fact that their horse did not show temperature rise, we have decided to withdraw as the concern is that if some horses may not show temperature rise, the health checks on arrival may not pick up sick horses and it's too big a risk.

Gutted, but head over heart I agree it's the right thing to do. :( Really hope the outbreak is contained and minimal number of horses affected.

khalswitz

Visit site
When I heard we had EHV in Aberdeen I was very pleased to see yards going into lockdown - very pragmatic. It's only 28 days, and then we know we're clear - so just stay put for that long!! Better than losing your horse just because you want to compete and cant be patient...

Kokopelli

Visit site
I don't understand why Gloucestershire doesn't go into lock down like Aberdeen? I'm on a relatively big yard and people are going out competing or for lessons then chucking their horse out in the field with all the other horses. I don't get why people are so blaise about it especially when its just up the road from us.