Blue Chip

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Do you recommend using blue chip?For a 16.1TB in medium work and a few comps every now and then. Jumping and dessage?

He is normally on Conditioning cubes, hifi garlic, cod liver oil and apples and carrots. Would you recommend using speedibeat for my horse too? Im not great on feed I know he is fine on what he has now just want him to have a bit more spark but in a contained way.

Tempi

Visit site
mayb try some more fittening work with him (i dont know how fit he is obviously) but if he is fine on what he has then i dont think id want to change it. Ive heard mixed reviews about the Blue Chip products - they are expensive aswell.

nicnag

Visit site
I've used it and got fairly mixed results, I prefer Top Spec, also slightly cheaper! I think you really have to remember to make sure you are feeding the right quantities with this kind of product, skimping at all seems to just be a waste of money.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I'm a big fan. Started feeding my new 4yo it about a month ago (along with the H&P cubes & ad lib hay he was already having) the difference is fantastic. He was quite thin & gangly. I know the work has helped but he's muscling up, has put on weight & looks a different horse. I'd rather give him that, than have to up his hard feed and send him silly. It doesn't work out that expensive as a sack lasts a month & I don't need to give him any other suppliments.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I'm the same; really rate Blue Chip but Top Spec doesn't seem to do anything for my bunch!

As someone said, although it's a bit dearer per bag, it lasts a long time as you feed so little but it does so much!!. I wouldn't be without it for anything.

Pasha

Visit site
I agree - Blue Chip all the way... turned my veteran into a new horse - everyone thinks he looks about 12! He is bursting with health and so so shiny!!!

I love the fact that the probiotics ensure his gut is working properly and we can feed him such little quantities (literally a handful) of hardfeed and he maintains his condition

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I'm another fan of Blue Chip. I started using it about 12 months ago & it has really helped with my lad. Yes it is expensive stuff but you only feed a fraction of what you would normally feed so overall I think it is good value.

I've not tried Top Spec or Dodson & Horrell's versions althopuigh I know they are cheaper. I've heard mixed revues of both from various friends. I know Blue Chip does the job for my lad so I'll continue using that for the present.
smile.gif

amandaco2

Visit site
i use it on my three
one 48yr old conny x prone to lami
one ISH very good doer
on WB foal.
all look excellent on it. (if there isnt any blue chip i do use either topspec or baileys balancer for them)