Blue- Introduction + Photos

Wishfilly

Visit site
I took him for a short ride this morning (just a little walk around the school and around the tracks on the yard). He was pretty much foot perfect, despite the tracks being next to a busy road and going past ponies in their fields.

He can be a little bit bargy when he is impatient though, so we are going to work a bit on ground manners!

And I will try to get some rugless photos today!

Keira 8888

Visit site
So, very exciting times today as my new pony arrived today! I've been looking for a little while now, and saw him last weekend. Having already had one pony fail the vet, I was convinced something was going to go wrong at the last minute, so I've been keeping quiet about this (in real life as well).

Blue is a 7yo gelding, with no recorded breeding, but described to me as a cob cross.

He's 14.1, fairly green in the school but forwards and safe, with a nice little jump on him! His old home had quite busy hacking and he is hopefully going to be a safe, sensible hack!

He arrived this morning, having apparently been a saint to travel, unloaded perfectly, stood happily in his stable whilst I sorted a few things out and now has gone out in the field for the afternoon.

I'm ridiculously excited, and I don't think the reality has sunk in yet!

View attachment 56748
View attachment 56747

What a handsome boy! How exciting!!!!! So pleased for you ??⭐

Wishfilly

Visit site
As requested, here's an unrugged photo! Not the best one, but the best time to get one as he was standing still and not trying to say hello to me or look at what all the other horses on the yard were doing.

I would like his back end to get a bit more muscle (I think he's also standing a bit strangely here)- but luckily there are plenty of hills for him to walk up on our hacking so hopefully it will build over time!

blue stable .jpg

Wishfilly

Visit site
So tonight I took Blue for our first "proper" hack around the tracks on the yard and the lanes. It's a short loop of about 3km, but I was so pleased with him. He felt a little tense at times, and was a bit looky but he didn't put a foot wrong and I just felt like I was completely safe on him! He passed a tractor, went past a parked boat, passed dog walkers and an in and out of a fairly blinding sunset. Couldn't ask for a better pony this evening!

Wishfilly

Visit site
DSC_6637 2.jpg

Taken on Sunday after our first proper session in the school. I kept it pretty simple, but we managed walk, trot and canter on both reins and a few school figures in walk and trot, which I was really pleased with. Canter probably isn't balanced enough for the corners yet, but I was pleased with the upwards transitions.

We're both a bit tense when I'm riding still, but each time I ride, he feels more relaxed, and I feel more relaxed, which is great. Around the yard he is so easy to do! I think I'm very lucky to have found him!

Visit site
He's lovely OP, I think the cuddling picture says it all, I think he feels lucky to have found you too. Hope you both have so much fun together, he looks a really lovely boy.