Blue Point and LE Brivido declared for Diamond Jubilee. must be a joke!

molar roller

Visit site
I always criticize North American breeders and trainers but even they don't try this. (at least in this level) Both horses ran at Ascot on Tuesday and they will run again this saturday. Just only 48 hours gap! Both horses declared for Diamond Jubilee. How people try to run two (GR1) classic races in 4 days?
Generally racehorses have a rest 2-3 days after a race but if a horse run in this level at least should take a rest for 3 days already.
Some trainers must be crazy!

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/blue-point-doubles-up-in-jubilee/167985

Visit site
They are sprinters. They basically did a bit of work the other day! Both are fit and well and while yes some horses don't cope with running twice in quick succession some do - the bounce factor swings both ways! They will be trotted up by the vet before being declared fit to run. The trainers wouldn't consider it if they didn't think the horse capable of it. It's not like they are running in the Grand National a few days after the Gold Cup! Both are 5yo horses - not youngsters and are well able to take the work. We frequently get horses running 2 days in a row at Perth when horses have come over from Ireland - they make the trip worthwhile. The vet will spin the horse if they don't think it is fit to run.

Snowfilly

Visit site
They're sprinters, like EKW said. I imagine they probably expand about the same amount of energy as the GP showjumpers do, and at the multi day shows they come out and jump huge tracks every day. It won't hurt them if they're the type that thrive on hustle and activity.

Also have a look at old style endurance rides over multiple days and three day eventers. Plenty of trainers across disciplines have horses that can work at peak performance for a few days.

molar roller

Visit site
okay it is little bit embrassing but I must admit this,15 years ago one of our horse declared for a race after 4 days gap. First race was a 10,5F race and a pacemaker horse scratched just before the race cos he has a trouble in the gate. Left just only 6 horses and no one wanted to take the lead so the race was slower than any 12F race. Our horse was ok so declared for a 10F race. Both are listed races.
Actually each distance has its own cons and pros. Sometimes a long distance race might be easier. Depends on the race.
Blue point and Le Brivido might be ok, even one of them might win this stakes but I'm just sorry about this class horses. Horsepeople must save this kind of horses and should not push them. how can I say? it is a big industry but that looks too much industrial and unsympathetic.

Visit site
Most racehorse will do 2 bits of work a week. A race is only a fraction more than a bit of work especially over such a short distance. A Group 1 race takes no more out of a horse than a class 5 0-50 beach donkey derby. It's just a higher calibre of race.