Blue rushing courses! Do you think its because....

Lill

Visit site
i changed his nose band from a grakle to a flash about 2 months ago?

I usually school him in a full cheek snaffle and jump him in a waterford snaffle. Before yesterday i had forgotten the waterford for the last few times out so he was obviously fast round the course and i felt like i was hauling on his mouth to get some response. But yesterday i remembered the waterford and i still felt like i was pulling more than i remembered and still not getting much of a response.
confused.gif

Now could it be because he's got the flash noseband on and not the grakle? (i don't want to change bits if it something as simple as the noseband) or is it that he's getting more confident and therefore wanting to do it his own way hence ignoring me trying to help him out?!
confused.gif

Obviously i am going to try him at home with the grakle tomorrow night to see if that makes all the difference but just wondered if it is obviously that or maybe something else...?

PS I mean rushing as in i'm steering he's doing the rest and ignoring (welll trying to ignore) my attempts to help him with his striding, change canter leads etc.