Blue Waters National Dressage Championships

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Thinking of going on the Sunday to have a peek at the elite mare auction and the Grand Prix freestyle... Never been before so it should be a nice day!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Just wondered whether anyone else might be going??

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Oh great never been before and i thought seeing as i have now caught the dressage bug good and proper, i'd better go and take a peep!! Are there many shops & stalls there to have a good look around?

Judie

Visit site
I've always gone in previous years and often wondered what it would be like to qualify and compete there - and this year I am!!! How nervous am I????

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Oh wow!! What class have you qualified for?? I qualified for the regionals but in the end decided not too take him, hoping to qualify for the winters though and have a go at that!!

Good luck for the nationals!!

star

Visit site
quite a few shops - not quite like Hickstead or Olympia, but a fair number, including all the posh bling bling dressage stores.

well done TOG - we went to the winter champs at solihull this year and it was fab, but to make it to the nationals would be amazing!

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
I'm going to register BD for the winter. How do you qualify for something like this, or the Winter one
grin.gif
It would be nice to have something to aim for.
Good luck to everyone competing

Judie

Visit site
You need to win two classes at the same level and get over a certain % - it varies on the level - one must be a qualifier. When you join BD you will be sent a magazine which has all the competions in, you will see listed for example:

P17W - this means it's prelim 17 in the winter series
P17WQ - this means the same as above but is a qualifier.

Enter, compete, win!! just like that!

You are then sent a 'congratulations' letter with a special entry form to enter the 'regionals', you enter, get placed either 1st, 2nd or 3rd (depending on the class size) with a percentage of 65% and over (may vary on the level) and then you get another special entry form for the Nationals or Winter Championships. (the Nationals is the summer version).

Good luck and enjoy.

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
All sounded fine until the win bit!! One might be possible but 2
confused.gif
gosh no chance!!
Well done to those of you who have qualified that's quite an achievement!
What happens if you win a P17W for example not a Qualifer. Does it not count? What's the difference?

star

Visit site
it's incredibly hard to qualify for the nationals or the winters - beyond most normal people's capabilities. hats off to anyone who's done it. getting the 2 wins to qualify for the regionals is the easy bit - coming high enough up the placings at the regionals to qualify for the winters is the impossible bit! for more normal souls there are the area festivals to aim for - 2 sheets at 59% and above allows you to enter. if you come 1st or 2nd in your class you qualify for the finals which are held at the Winter Champs at Solihull so you feel like you've got to the winter champs, but in a class more at your own level. That's what I did last year in the Novice Restricted and we managed 4th at Solihull in April. I did go to the regionals as well, but not in the top 10 let alone the top3 to go to the nationals.

Judie

Visit site
If you win a P17W you just win it, get the rosette/prize money and the points. It will only count towards the regionals if you also win a P17WQ, that is then your two needed to qualify.

Go on, give it a shot!