Bob and Splotchy go dressaging again - WE WON! (long as usual...)

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Went to Summerhouse today for our usual two unaff prelim tests
smile.gif
Bob had been flipping awful when I schooled him last night so wasnt expecting much, but thought it would be another chance for him to see flowers/dressage boards/other horses etc....

Warmed up OK, felt a bit sluggish (it was quite warm, and I think he OD'd on grass yesterday as he had been temporarily put into a different field). Went in and did Prelim 7 and wasnt at all impressed with myself - it felt sluggish, the rein contact was a bit inconsistent, and we are having right canter issues - he struck off on the wrong leg, although I was pleased that for the first time EVER I didnt panic, brought him nicely back to trot, and got the correct lead
grin.gif
Went and looked at my results afterwards, quick glance at the board showed 54.5% - I was a bit disapointed but not really surprised.

After retrieving an escaped greyhound from the lorry park (dont ask
blush.gif
Chains and shackles are being installed in my new lorry now
blush.gif
No horses were anywhere near though!) I went and warmed up for Prelim 19. I was determined to ride more positively to get him a bit more forward, and went in to do what I felt was a really pleasing test. Sure, it wasnt brilliant, but I came out feeling very happy indeed
smile.gif

Went back to the scoreboard and picked up my test sheet for Prelim 7 - was astonished to find I had come 4th, turned out I had actually got 64.50%
grin.gif

And then I was totally delighted when I saw that I had won the Prelim 19 class with 60%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Judge marked a lot lower in the second class
tongue.gif
but gave some really useful feedback as well as positive comments
smile.gif

It was a tad embarrasing to say the least when they told me I shouldnt have entered today because it was Trailblazers 2nd rounds
blush.gif
I had genuinely thought the classes were open to others as well - fortunately they could just pretend my results didnt exist so people still qualified etc, but apologies to anyone who was there
blush.gif
Nice organiser did say it was their fault for not checking when they accepted my entry
blush.gif

So all in all a very very good day
laugh.gif
Henrietta Horsebox was very well behaved on her first outing (it is WONDERFUL having my own lorry at last
laugh.gif
) so perhaps she is going to be my 'good luck' charm
grin.gif

Thanks for reading, from a very happy Splotchy
laugh.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
Wow Splotchy WELL DONE
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
What a fantastic result! And PMSL at the greyhound incident: I had something similar at Aston le Walls last week - my Border went awol from the lorry while I was doing dressage
blush.gif
Started out to walk the course and realised something was missing, had to confess to the Secretary - turns out lorry park attendant was looking after him, he looked very sheepish when I went to find him (Smidgin, that is, not the attendant)
grin.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
thats brilliant
grin.gif
what a good day all round
grin.gif

tests must have looked better than you felt they went...whats next?
smile.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wow Splotchy WELL DONE
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
What a fantastic result! And PMSL at the greyhound incident: I had something similar at Aston le Walls last week - my Border went awol from the lorry while I was doing dressage
blush.gif
Started out to walk the course and realised something was missing, had to confess to the Secretary - turns out lorry park attendant was looking after him, he looked very sheepish when I went to find him (Smidgin, that is, not the attendant)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
grin.gif
I had just tied my two to the lorry whilst I put Bob back on board, came round to the near side of the lorry again and one greyhound had vanished
shocked.gif
Cue thoughts of chaos, horses everywhere, disrupted dressage tests, dual carriageway and M5 nearby
crazy.gif
- then someone pointed out she was happily scavaging around the hedgerow looking for bunnies, ran over to her and she bounced happily back to me looking very pleased with herself
grin.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments - I am still sat here with a huge
grin.gif
on my face tonight, but it makes it more special when people are so nice
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I rather think the sun has got to me today mind you, I actually found myself thinking that if I get his canter sorted (we are getting there slowly as usual....) then I might try a Novice test by the end of the year
shocked.gif
And maybe, perhaps, might even do some BD over the winter
shocked.gif

But for the time being perhaps we can just aim for a 65% dressage at Ascott under Wychwood for my next BE80 class
laugh.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
what you need to do splotchy is write yourself a list of 'aims' by end of 2009 and then in december have a look and see how many you have achieved...
grin.gif
you could always try a prelim BD as you can go in open section as a non registered person....
grin.gif

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Thats a good idea
smile.gif
Trouble is I never know what aims are realistic for me
crazy.gif
but I will chat to my instructor and see what she thinks
laugh.gif

Three

Visit site
Yay!!

Go Bob.

He's really settling into the dressage stuff now isn't he? As are you - well done for not panicking on the wrong leg lead. I get so flustered that I ruin the rest of the test when that sort of thing happens - hence now having someone else ride the rather more awkward cob!