Body Protector BETA labels

Maizy

Visit site
Hello! I've not posted in such a long time, it's just taken me ages to work out where to start a new thread!

Hoping for some advice please, I need a new BP and have always wanted a Kan Teq. My other preferred option is to get a Race safe. I was hoping to see Kan at Badders? But couldn't find them?

My question being is, will the BETA 2000 Purple label become extinct shortly? As far as I can see the Kan only has the 2000 label not the 2009? Should I be worried? For the extra cost of the Kan I'd hope it would last 5+ years (as it doesn't degrade as quickly?) but don't want to pay £240 for something that in a year or two I can't use in competitions. Whereas the Race safe has like many others the 2009 label. In fact the Kan seams to be the only one that doesn't have 2009. Any ideas why?

I've looked at the BETA website but I'm still confused.

I just want to be sure I'm spending my money wisely!

thanks

FinalFurlong

Visit site
I have a racesafe and love it as its so comfy. Everyone at my racing yard has one except mine is the newest purple label level 3 one, everyone else has a level 1 with the old standards but everyone says how mine is so much better and would last for ages due to how hardcore the new ones are, comparing it to the BP the stable jockey uses for races its a lot safer and he said he'd use one like mine if it wernt for weight.

Highly recommend it, mines an adult small and cost 156

Can't answer any questions regarding Kan as ive never heard of them! But I know my racesafe is in the rules for eventing etc

Hemirjtm

Visit site
I can't answer the question about the BETA 2000 / 2009, but I have had my KAN for almost 4years and it is showing no wear and tear, still fits perfectly (I had to get it re-fitted as I lost 3 stone - and will need to get it done again as have lost another stone and I'm still losing weight!!), and love it. I use it mainly for backing youngsters so need to be able to move/breath..etc and to be honest I forget I have it on. I wouldn't wear anything else !! I love mine :)

For the BETA question, why not contact Wendy directly ? I think she was in the states at the time Badminton was on, hence not being at badminton !

Maizy

Visit site
I went and got a Kan in the end and love it. Felt very comfy on, both in and out the saddle, so not going to worry about labels until I have to! :)

NeverSayNever

Visit site
It put me off buying a kan - i asked them the same question and from what i remember they had only just gone into production and been tested at 2000 when the new standard came out and it would have been too costly to re do it.