Body Protector Recommendations please

CR Pony of the Month

• Total voters

monkeybum13

Visit site
I have an Airowear because it's one of the only one that fits me well (I have a short body
blush.gif
) and I could have it in my xc colours!!
wink.gif

I would like to try a Kan though

The inflatable one is the Point Two btw

Oldred

Visit site
I've tested (not by choice!) my Point Two inflatable vest when bucked off recently and it was wonderful. Felt like landing on an airbed and didn't feel a thing. Expensive I know, but imo I'm worth it!

millitiger

Visit site
i have a racesafe and it is fab- lightweight, flexible, comfortable and comes in my xc colours.

btw, the inflatable ones are designed to be worn over a BP, not by themselves.

cobface

Visit site
I will be watching the post too, am looking for a body protector for when i take my mare XC in march
smile.gif

ps Jessxandxherxarabian - your horse in your signature is beautiful
smile.gif

teddyt

Visit site
qr- alot of your choices are limited in sizes. Fine if you are a standard small medium or large but many people need a more bespoke fit. Racesafe would be my first choice but if you dont fit into a standard size i would go with rodney powell as they will make you one to fit. It is SO important to get the correct back length, etc and you shouldnt compromise because you want a specific brand.

DIDIsDAD

Visit site
A body protector is like a saddle - it must fit the user.
Go into the shop and without looking first at the price tag, then try it on and move about. If they have a saddle horse, then borrow a saddle and sit on it.

It should protect your spine from sacrum up and perhaps in the case of ladies your chest. But it must be comfortable otherwise you won't use it and when you fall off it will be hanging in the cupboard. I spent a lot of money on one and I confess, mea culpa, mea culpa, when I fell off yet again, I wasn't wearing it. I am an idiot.

It is the same decision as with the hat - does it carry the kite marks and does it fit AND WILL YOU WEAR IT! .
Then buy it.