Body protectors...new standard necessary (opinions please)

Batgirl

Visit site
Hi all, I need to buy a body protector for backing my new guy and know you cna't put a price on safety BUT I would like to pick up a bargain as I plan to only really use it for 6 months and I'm about to be made redundant, sooooo would you buy a BETA 2000 standard body protector? If not why not? (I'm perusing Ebay and trying to find a bargain! (for a busty lass!)

Dubsie

Visit site
I'd go for the 2009,as it's more recent and thus if you back and ride away and don't need it again it has some value such that you could sell it on afterwards. There's a new standard just come out/just about to come out, so the value of the 2009 will plummet if you have to buy new (busty is not good for getting a body protector to fit.)

Other option would be can you borrow one? Better still can you borrow an airjacket? As these will fit over your normal clothes without restricting your movement as much as a standard BP, but if you come off will inflate and protect the vital areas. Meaning you can move more naturally for things like mounting etc. (again, busty doesn't help)

blitznbobs

Visit site
The stuff they are made of degrades over time therefore it makes sense to buy one that is less than 10 years old... the 2000 are by definition older than that