Body Protectors ????

WallisM

Visit site
Hi There !
laugh.gif

Was at a local show on Sunday, And when I was looking around I was cringing
frown.gif
at the amount of riders young children at that who weren't wearing body protectors.

I wear mine religously(sp) now as 2 years ago me & my sis were getting ready to go on a hack, I said oh am not gonna wear mine and she said oh I would on Jim ( he had just turned 5 @ the time ) so I did put it on and Thank God I did as Jim got very excited and started bronking across the road I flew over his head, Cracked my head on the tarmac and ended up in hospital
crazy.gif
. My hat was smashed but didn't hurt my back was just muscel damage and a bruised forehead.
smile.gif

Nic

Visit site
Only wear mine for XC, they are very restrictive and can also turn a simple broken bone into a much more serious break.(My trainers daughters arm snapped and went into her arm pit severing the nerve which took 18 months to heal. Doc said her BP stopped her collerbone snapping instead, which would have taken 6 weeks to heal)

I don't think that there are many falls a BP will protect you from.

Hats on the other hand...

Salcey

Visit site
Always, once had a fall landed on a branch, back protector snapped in too, that would have been my spine if I hadn't been wearing it - also its a bit hypocritcal children wearing them and not the parents!