Boekelo 3*

Bossanova

Visit site
http://www.military-boekelo.nl/images1/documenten/deelnemerslijst.pdf

Loads of Brits there. I'm cheering on Mr Alligator, he should be pretty near the lead after the dressage and if he copes with a step up on the xc he has a good chance
smile.gif

Theyre streaming the whole thing live with special xc coverage on Saturday. Thats my weekend sorted!!

Whispa

Visit site
Looks a very decent line-up with some cracking horses in it. Personal fave is Miners Frolic (my old horse was his half brother - not quite as good though
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
!!)

Anyone know why JP Sheffield has the ride on Cashel Bay? Mary King normally rides him and usually does a fab job on him. Is this a permanent change of rider (great news for JP, not so good for Mary - although she does have some really good horses at the mo).

Cheers

reynold

Visit site
the dutch home page seems to say that Zara's horse was put in the holding box at the vet inspection - but she's listed for dressage on thursday so it must have passed

anyone good at translating dutch ?

madgirl

Visit site
yer that was right think it was just befor ebadders last year or the year before?

I like mr Allgator think i saw him at gatcombe. oo is minors frolic doing another 3*? I like that horse too.

lorenababbit

Visit site
Cashel bay was with terry boon before. He is owned by sue wilkinson who lives much nearer to JP than Mary so maybe that is why JP on him and maybe cos mary has another 4* ride now and they all feel would be fairer to everyone to let another rider have him.

madgirl

Visit site
oo and mr pracatan and dan joyelyn, see silbury hill is doing another 3 star aswell.
Lots of good horses there!

madgirl

Visit site
ooo great for JPS, mary has quite a few at 4* now with apache sauce call again cavalier plus imperial cavalier.

welshchick

Visit site
What a shame, but I'm pleased for JPS - he's going to enjoy riding him as he is a fantastic XC horse, just like his half-brother, Call Again Cavalier
smile.gif

Boekelo - should be an exciting competition!

severnmiles

Visit site
Because if they did do it for us for free, how many people would think, why are we paying £20.00 to get in?

Though you can't beat the atmosphere anyway and I'm sure none of us would mind paying to see the 5 big B's live on webcam.

Acolyte

Visit site
It was so surreal - I was sitting in the doctors waiting room on Monday morning, overheard 2 guys talking, one of them said 'we are going to Holland to watch our horse compete this week'. Naturally I started to listen, he said 'oh yes, we have got a nice hotel, it was recommended to us by William Fox-Pitt' - so they must have been Monarch's Aristocrats owners
smile.gif
I was just about to turn around and start talking to him when the nurse called me in.... and by the time I came out he had gone!

Bossanova

Visit site
Yay Rex just went into 9th. He didnt do a good test for him, he's perfectly capable of leading the dressage at this level

It's odd watching a horse you know well and have ridden a lot in the past competing abroard!!

sw123

Visit site
i'm sitting in boekelo now - such a civilised event that not only is the beer free but there is internet in the stables!!! Came out with jp and cashel bay is going fab for him so all happy all round, the atmosphere is FABULOUS, this event puts every british 3DE to shame, there is real team GB spirit with us select 30 being here and the course looks great for tomorrow!!

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i'm sitting in boekelo now - such a civilised event that not only is the beer free but there is internet in the stables!!! Came out with jp and cashel bay is going fab for him so all happy all round, the atmosphere is FABULOUS, this event puts every british 3DE to shame, there is real team GB spirit with us select 30 being here and the course looks great for tomorrow!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show off
tongue.gif