BOGOF! Where do I stand on this and wwyd?

stormclouds

Visit site
This is one of the most wonderful threads, GG and jemima*askin you are both incredible people! Doormouse, so glad you've found a solution to a horrible, upsetting situation. The kindheartedness of people on this forum never ceases to amaze me

julie111

Visit site
What started off as an upseting thread has ended in the best possible way :) some truly lovely people on here! Please keep us updated and photos are a must :)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
What started off as an upseting thread has ended in the best possible way :) some truly lovely people on here! Please keep us updated and photos are a must :)

This.

This post must win the prize for the best turnaround ever!

Fwiw the dairy I get my milk from raises their boy calves for meat, they are open about it on their website

Amirah

Visit site
Just can't believe such kindness and generosity shown towards a total stranger, wow. Gg and jemima, you are the most wonderful people and have turned a tale of woe into something so heartwarming that I need to go find a hanky ☺

Doormouse, your pony and daughter are both incredibly cute!

Last edited:

JJS

Visit site
I'm about to pick up my first horsebox, it will be a month or so before its ready to travel ponies but I would be willing to help at that point if needed and being in the midlands may be able to help with getting the OP's pony to GG too if timings work out right

Another incredibly kind offer. I must admit that reading the beginning of this threat actually made me feel a little sick, but the incredible generosity of GG and Jemima warms my heart.

To all involved with caring for him as he grows, I hope that this little pony turns out to be as phenomenal and irreplaceable as my own unregistered Welshie. At 20, he astonishes me every day, and growing up my little sister couldn't have had a better teacher. 3 years down the line, he still teaches her something new every time she rides, keeps her safe and is the best friend she's ever had. I treasure him above everything else and he'll stay here with me until his last day. Remember, not all little Welshies with uncertain breeding end up being worthless; some are worth their weight in gold, and spend every day of their lives being cherished, as mine has. We can't guarantee the future of any horse, but sometimes we just have to give them a chance. I'm delighted to see that this baby has one now.

digitalangel

Visit site
i have a horsebox and no life ! its a 7.5 ton so maybe overkill for welshies but im happy to go peterborough->west country-> gloucester -> home for the price of fuel ( im in north bucks )

_GG_

Visit site
yet another kind offer. is there no end to the lovely hho ers? dormouse you must be so relieved..

She's probably tired, a "short" phone call this morning turned into almost 2 hours on the phone and I would guesstimate that only about 5 minutes of that was talking about this situation, lol.

So many people from this forum have been so very kind to me as well...it's a lovely place to be :)

Ceriann

Visit site
Just read all the posts - really does restore your faith in people. Some amazing acts of kindness by some very lovely people.

mulledwhine

Visit site
Well if you want a purely practical solution to the problem your daughter is tiny, she's going to be walking and trotting only and weighs nothing so she could keep riding right up until just before delivery - you're hardly going to have a tot out for hours at a time. Then as the foal turns up have it pts and dry the mare off. It's not the most pleasant solution but it's probably the cheapest, assuming nothing goes wrong with the foaling and keeps your daughter riding.

Post of the week! What an incredibly generous offer GG.

GG as always a good old bean :)

Ps I liked a post by mistake, I don't think the baby should be PtS, and if I was nearer I would also offer help of space for mare and foal.

Good luck

Feival

Visit site
Get on with the situation you are in, it happens far more often than you think. You have a few months to get something sorted, start looking for somewhere to turn mare and foal away once born until weaning. Not simple but not un manageable either. My bogof is now 2.5yo and well.

_GG_

Visit site
No More Twist / Doormouse...are you there?

I've tried to PM you on here and facebook and I'm not totally convinced the number I have found is yours because it's a digit missing and I've changed my phone now :(

Anyway, PM's basically said that the little ones are here now and settling well so whenever you want to sort out getting your mare here, I am all ready and waiting :)

Hope all is well with you and mini you and if I don't hear from you before...have a good Christmas xxx

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I am glad I read the end of this, rarely have I been made so angry about a thread. I could not follow it anymore. GG to the rescue. I hope it works out. Every baby is special and should be given the chance.