Bolesworth - Chances?!

Fanatical

Visit site
The weather is atrocious and the forecast is diabolical! Heavy rain for at least the next two days. Can't see any competition surviving on grass but do we think any of it will go ahead? Surely the parking alone must be giving the poor organisers a headache.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
The main arena and warm-up's are all on a surface so I think it will continue, but the grass showjumping rings I'm not sure?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
We’re about 20 mins away and it’s been very wet here, with lots of lying water. It must be making the organisers very nervous.

Further south and well into Shropshire, both days of Berriewood BE were cancelled at the weekend due to a waterlogged course.

Outdoorgirl

Visit site
I'm supposed to be going on Thursday. Looking at the weather forecast I think it's going to be winter weather wear and possibly walking boots just to negotiate the car park! The last time I was there I was looking for shade from the sun, this time it'll be shelter from the rain.

TGM

Visit site
FROM THE BOLESWORTH FB PAGE:

**Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show – Weather Update**

Good Morning!

We are experiencing wet weather at BIHS currently, which is forecast for the next day. We are monitoring the situation regularly and have made the following provision to ensure the event continues to run:

- International showjumping will continue as planned on the surfaced arenas
- National showjumping has had some amendments to the timetable and competitors have been advised accordingly and will be competing on the Castle Arena Wednesday and Thursday.
- We have brought in additional trackway, matting and will be rotating ground usage to keep areas as fresh as possible. We have a team with vehicles to tow cars out should this be needed.
- All infrastructure and tradestands have been set up and are ready to go.
We have a large covered area in our amazing Club Boles, where there is a great view of the arena, food and premium bars open till late and a party atmosphere - so please do come down and join us as the show is very much on!

Asha

Visit site
I was on the website earlier ,just having a look at the schedule, I had to giggle, they are doing a white themed party night on Thursday, reckon they should amend that !

madamebonnie

Visit site
I was on the website earlier ,just having a look at the schedule, I had to giggle, they are doing a white themed party night on Thursday, reckon they should amend that !
See it's ok if you're a VIP...boarded walkways, 4x4 to take you from tent to tent! Seen it with my own eyes when they were flooded out a few years ago (2016!?) The rest of us slummed it walking through the churned up 4x4 tracks! I think they must have learnt from that year though.

Glad I'm just going tomorrow for the dressage, not too much chance to be churned up by then!

Asha

Visit site
See it's ok if you're a VIP...boarded walkways, 4x4 to take you from tent to tent! Seen it with my own eyes when they were flooded out a few years ago (2016!?) The rest of us slummed it walking through the churned up 4x4 tracks! I think they must have learnt from that year though.

Glad I'm just going tomorrow for the dressage, not too much chance to be churned up by then!

We took our ginger beast in 2016 to do the BYEH , it was horrendous. The parking was churned up, and the warm up very slippy, so much so my girl fell over. Loads of lorries needed towing off. But i think theyve done a lot to improve since then.

Think i may just watch on livestream

Fanatical

Visit site
I honestly will be amazed. Assuming they must have temp stables on site? I wouldn't fancy temp stables in this weather. It's been relentless all morning and is forecast to get heavier as the day goes on. I imagine they will get a good idea pretty soon though as the arrivals will have started with the dressage trot up this afternoon followed by the first class. As much as its great to have the competition on a surface, its the getting around in between. This isn't a small amount of rain. I feel for the whole team - what a nightmare, I am sure they are doing their utmost to keep the show on the road.

Outdoorgirl

Visit site

Please could you give me a conditions report after your visit tomorrow. I just need to know if I should take the flippers or maybe crampons to stop me sliding around!

madamebonnie

Visit site
Please could you give me a conditions report after your visit tomorrow. I just need to know if I should take the flippers or maybe crampons to stop me sliding around!
Will do. My friend has a stall there (Finer Equine...wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't drop a name 😉) so can get reports from here on conditions.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
As of late last night, the event is still very much on and the organisers are offering free parking/refunding those who have paid for parking in advance.

*Parking Update*

Tomorrow we'll be opening our gates to the public from 8am with onsite parking provisions in place – we are adding additional trackway, matting and rotating our ground usage to keep areas as fresh as possible. We have a team ready with vehicles to tow cars out should this be needed.

As a gesture, we will be refunding car parking to those who have booked in advance via our ticket providers TicketQuarter or Universe. Please note car parking on the gate will also be free.

Please Note: Refunds will be issued from tomorrow onwards via our ticket providers and payments can take up to 10 days to appear after the event. For those who booked via Ticketquarter if you have any queries please tomorrow 0344 8000 509.

Thank you for your cooperation

#BIHS2019 #Bolesworth

TGM

Visit site
Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show
*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

Public: Unfortunately, despite taking proactive measures throughout the build up and overnight we are not able to open the show to the Public today.

We have significant water standing on site and also on the roads surrounding, and so have taken the decision that movement on site is not possible for safety purposes. Full refunds will provided via the ticket agent you purchased from within 10 working days after the event.
Sport: The sport schedule for the day remains unchanged. We will update all competitors later today on any further changes to the schedule ahead of tomorrow.
Camping: Those who have booked camping for today will be refunded and we will update you on access later today for the following days.
Thank you for all your support to date. We will endeavour to update you as soon as we can.

Asha

Visit site
Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show
*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

Public: Unfortunately, despite taking proactive measures throughout the build up and overnight we are not able to open the show to the Public today.

We have significant water standing on site and also on the roads surrounding, and so have taken the decision that movement on site is not possible for safety purposes. Full refunds will provided via the ticket agent you purchased from within 10 working days after the event.
Sport: The sport schedule for the day remains unchanged. We will update all competitors later today on any further changes to the schedule ahead of tomorrow.
Camping: Those who have booked camping for today will be refunded and we will update you on access later today for the following days.
Thank you for all your support to date. We will endeavour to update you as soon as we can.

Feel so sorry for the organisers, but definitely the right call. The road conditions around here are dreadful. A500 was closed earlier on,and the A51 for a bit too.

madamebonnie

Visit site
Such a shame for everyone. Everyone who is going on the other days please shop extra hard for the trade stalls who have missed out today!

Looks like its a day of DIY for my day ofd then 🙄

Fanatical

Visit site
Very sad for the organisers but i am not surprised. We are under water - never seen so much standing water (even in winter!)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh, dammit :(.

*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

It is with great regret that we announce that the Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show will not be opening for public access during the event.

A huge effort has been undertaken by the team throughout the build-up and with continued improvements site wide on going, however with the significant volumes of consistent rainfall we have experienced in the past 48hrs and with further significant rain forecast, we have had to take the difficult decision on the grounds of safety to close the event for public access.
Whilst we are preserving the site to best effect for the sport to continue all week on the all weather surfaces, the ground is not safe enough to allow public vehicles on and off the event site. There are also significant issues on the surrounding roads with standing water limiting access.

The sport schedule for June 12th remains unchanged and we will update all competitors later today on any further changes to the schedule ahead of tomorrow and the coming days. Sport can still be watched on the Livestream via: https://www.bolesworthinternational.com/live-stream

Full refunds for tickets including – general admission, season passes, membership upgrades, camping and parking will be provided via the ticket agent you purchased from within 10 working days.

Thank you for all your support to date, this isn’t a decision that we at the Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show have taken lightly and we ask for your patience during this busy period whilst we continue to make provision for the sport aspects of the event to continue running.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
And now it’s the weekend of Carfest North at Bolesworth. After a week of a heatwave, the wet weather has well and truly returned here. The event is still open, but conditions are pretty atrocious underfoot and many folk are trying to leave early.

89CDDD4D-ACB7-41F5-81F0-9006333452C4.jpeg

What do the weather gods have against Bolesworth? And Cholmondeley Horse trials are on nearby, too.

ETA Just seen that Cholmondeley has been abandoned today :(.