Bombproof 13.2 coloured cob...why no interest??!!

Blue-bear

Visit site
As title, we have a super little coloured for sale who is safe as houses and we have pretty much had no interest at all. He's been put up for 3150, but offers will be considered as he really has to go! Its getting frustrating because hes so safe he will make a super pony for someone!
Any suggestions?

LittleSoph

southeastriders.myfanforum.org
If you post the link to his ad maybe we can have a look and see what might be putting people off.

Other than that though, the market still seems to be a little slow in some areas as I know lots of people with cracking ponies for sale but no interest.

JJ2

Visit site
I think 13.2hh's have always been a hard height group to sell as some parents dont want to have to buy three ponies for their children so jump from 12.2hh to 14.2hhs. Also i personally think he is a little on the expensive side, especially in the current market i.e. winter and credit crunch.

I would think with half term on the horizon you should get a few more enquiries, he sounds lovely!

Kayfm

Visit site
Im sure he is a fab pony, but i think it is the price. My instructor was telling me he was offered a lovely young aff showjumper with winnings for £2500 !! he said there are loads of bargins out there. Good luck with selling you horsie.

jmason

Visit site
I have a similar one for sale in 14hh and priced at £2750 and have had limited interest!
Only one viewing so far but they do want to come back and hack her out next week!

itsme123

Visit site
I wouldnt pay that for a 13.2hh no matter how safe.

Someone I know sold a safe as houses registered native 14.2hh (very capable, done dressage, pc etc etc) for half that....

Blue-bear

Visit site
ok thanks for all the replys. Will def do that....i did put a how much post on last week and pretty much all the replies said 3k+ will obviously have to re-assess.
It has been considered putting him on loan, wheres best to advertise for loans?

Hollyelise89

New User
Visit site
I would advertise in your local tackshop or on your local PC website. Finding the right person to loan can be tricky and its often much easier if they're local to you.

Good Luck!

Clodagh

Visit site
I think he should sell for 3K ish, although I don't know what he looks like!
I wouldn't drop below £2950, maybe that sounds cheaper.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think 13.2hh's have always been a hard height group to sell as some parents dont want to have to buy three ponies for their children so jump from 12.2hh to 14.2hhs. Also i personally think he is a little on the expensive side, especially in the current market i.e. winter and credit crunch.

I would think with half term on the horizon you should get a few more enquiries, he sounds lovely!

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, for a 13.2hh it is perhaps a little too much given everything else.
13.2hh is in honesty not as useful as a good sturdy 14.2hh which alot of the family may be able to ride.
I am sure your horse is lovely but I think you may need to lower your price if you want him sold

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Mmmm, I think unfortunately you might need to lower your price, however the thing that people like me (happy hacker, long in the tooth) need is something that is bombproof and does what it says on the tin so I am very surprised that you've not had any interest. If he's a piebald then that might be an issue as some people still might be a little stuffy about coloured horses, I don't know.

BUT if he is bombproof and as good as you say I think there are lot of "mature" happy hackers like me out there and if I was still looking, and if it wasn't too far to travel, I would have been interested a few years ago. You can't put a price on a good horse and if he's mega ploddish I don't think you should let him go for a song. I would certainly have given say £3000 for something sensible, I wouldn't want anything flashy just a good honest horse that would make me feel safe.

Like people have said, 13.2 might be a funny size, but having said that a small adult would be just about OK on him (I suspect he's a chunky 13.2?) plus the kiddies to do pony club on as well so I think if your boy is worth his weight in gold you might be advised to maybe lower your price just a tad but not undervalue him.

What about loaning him? I'm sure someone would appreciate him - tho' all the warnings re. loaning apply!!!