Boney changes.

digger2

Visit site
Finally had vet out today after couple of weeks of very low level lameness, you know when theres no head nodding you just can feel something isn't quite right. rested him but no better on sunday

Fine on first trot up, Vet said nothing visible at all, but oh poor boy after first flexion test on fetlock!!, she did it again for good measure Suggested some xrays and nerve blocks to see whats going on inside.

First impressions are boney changes going on and the soft/hard/soft ground just made it flare up.

Managed to book us in at surgery tomorrow so at least we can find out asap.

Keep fingers crossed nothing too serious, we've still got a load of fun to have together.

Porkie

Visit site
Fingers x'd for you ! My friend is going through exactly the same - few weeks not sure if he was lame or not but something not right, then lame and flexion test showed in fetlock. 2 weeks box rest and no better so had x-rays which didn't show much at all just that they located it in foot. Further 3 weeks box rest and if no better at end of this week has to have MRI scan ! (lots of money!!) Vets are thinking at this stage that it is more than likely to be concussion - which is what my old boy suffers from and most of the time he is fine but then will go acutely lame for 2 days then ok again!!

She was also advised to look into have natural balance shoes fitted as this will help.

Have my fingers crossed for both of you ! Good luck!!

ljm

Visit site
I am going through the same. Have had xrays, he now has a medicated hock and lots of bute. Got to do one more week walking, 2 weeks trot then see what hes like. Feel free to PM me.L

digger2

Visit site
I'm glad vets have suggested xrays so soon and not more box rest, hopefully I'll know more tomorow, its so frustrating this time of year, so many show plans... and not to know how long things are on hold for. I do have some old xrays done by the people i bought him from so hoping these will help pin point any changes.

But what then?

jcberry

Visit site
fingers crossed for you and you horse.. ours is lame at the mo with a sidebone (happened lats year aswell) been told that we are not allowed to do XC or SJ outside ever again
frown.gif
xx good luck for tomorow

Walder

Visit site
had exactly the same - nerve blocks and x rays showed arthritis in pastern - been walking and walking every day for long time - now started work and no bute - she seems to be ok - but no lunging ever again and in time i can do light schooling but no small circles - good luck x

Tia

Visit site
Had exactly the same thing happen to a previous little mare of mine. X-rays showed DJD, where she had bony spurs coming off her fetlock region. Vet was pretty pessimistic - however I found a rider for her and this girl rode her every day and the blooming thing remained sound! She ended up buying her, has had her for almost 10 years now and the pony is still sound and competing at high level hunter trials!

Not always doom and gloom, occasionally you get a happy ending.
smile.gif