Boomerang xc

ktj1891

Visit site
What is it like, is there a variety of 2'3 - 2'6 fences?
What is the takeoff and landing suraces of the fences? Someone told me it was gravel which has got me a little worried as only just had back shoes removed off my guy and dont want him to be sore over it?

Cookies for any help :)

Saratoga

Visit site
Lots to jump at that sort of height, very educational. There are a lot of all weather take offs and landings (hardcore) but I have schooled my barefoot horse there with no problems.

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
I school my shoeless horse there too, with no issues. If you feel your boy isn't coping there is always the jump arena which is included in the hire price. Occasionally some of the xc jumps are moved onto the surface... But there's always several jumps with unusual fillers in there too... So something else to do if you get there and don't feel happy.

jenni999

Visit site
Depending on where you are, I would also recommend Gawcott and Lyneham Heath. Both have a range of good fences at all heights. Lyneham wins it for me though :)

PolarSkye

Visit site
Huge variety of fences, many "interesting" (as opposed to just a logs or tyres) and my unshod behind horse with navicular didn't find the ground difficult to deal with at all.

I like Boomerang.

If you go, look out for the mama wallabies with their little joeys :).

P

ktj1891

Visit site
Okay hope he's okay he has only just newly been barefoot behind a week ago. So by the time I go to boomerang will be 2 weeks.