Boots for a cob

Hannah1Pie

Visit site
Does anyone have any advice on boots that would fit a cob and protect their legs in jumping and XC? I have a 14.2hh cob he has a full clip so no feathers and hes not massively chunky in his legs but hes too chunky for any pony sizes, I had some full tendon and fetlock boots but they were really cheap, not a proper make and they came up too big.

Would it be better to go for brushing boots or tendon boots and can anyone tell me or send me a link to a nice pair
laugh.gif

Taffster

Visit site
My cob has dalmar leather tendon boots, they are great we use them for workers and xc they have carbon protection however we use them because we show him and want to prevent any potential lumps and bumps.

Hannah1Pie

Visit site
dalmar leather tendon boots are nice but a little too pricey for me
frown.gif
if all comes to all and i dont find any I will have to go for something a bit more expensive but if i can find anything a bit cheaper it would be easier

melaniemarks

Visit site
thorowgood do some brushing boots that are designed especially for cobs. Not too pricey either around £20. No funky colours though, only black.

bushbaby28

Visit site
I have the problem that my boys legs are very stocky but short and most of the full sizes are too long for him.

The shires brushing boots are quite nice and cheap. Got mine £10 per pair

shhdally

Visit site
I'm not a poster but have been registered for a while.

I have this problem with my cob.
He had shires brushing boots on for general work and hacking and the tendon boots I have found that fit him are the Roma Illusion Open Front Boots. Fair enough when I first bought them, I had to put an extra hole in the strap but they have stretched over time and fit him snugly.