Boots for dressage

pocket

Visit site
I am 6 months back in the saddle after an accident that resulted in knee surgery and 18 months off riding. Prior to this I used to do a bit of dressage and a fare amount of showing.

As I'm not so hot on running at the mo, I'm going to concentrate on my dressage and hope to compete in June
grin.gif
My problem is that my lower legs have swollen and I can no longer get my long boots on. I tried some boots on a few weeks ago and had them put by as they are quite expensive and I wanted to know I could indulge
wink.gif

I returned yesterday to buy them but wanted to try them on first to make sure all was ok and to my horror, my legs had swollen more and they don't fit at all.

My question is, is it acceptable to ride in mountain horse high riders (leather and dressage cut) at prelim unaffiliated level?? I tried my old faithful regents on today which I've had for donkeys and they wouldn't fit either......so totally gutted
crazy.gif

PS- any ideas on getting boots to fit odd shaped legs
crazy.gif

SmartieBean

Visit site
I have ridden in my long mountain horses at prelim unaffiliated and at blue chip winter finals and nothing ever been said about it
laugh.gif

horseywelsh

Visit site
Yes they'll be fine at that level. I too was going to suggest some smart gaiters (with elastic inserts?), these would probably be better than a new pair of long boots if your legs are prone to altering shape slightly.

Good luck with your comp, nice to hear you're back in the saddle
smile.gif