boots for teaching in

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
Okay you peeps what boots do you wear to teach in. I have just got myself a pair of the ariat glacier but am not keen to wear them teaching ie walking through fields in mud etc, as they are far too nice, dont worry i will ride my own horses in them!!
had a pair of muck boots but they only lasted 2 years. Any other recommendations, do i get a pair of short boots and wear my chaps but then my chaps will get dirty in the mud, can you get waterproof chaps and what are they like. thanking you all and comments much appreciated. xx

truffles

Visit site
ahhh I'd opt for a good pair of hunter wellies - although they aren't the warmest thing, you can slip in the wellie warmers which are specially made for hunter wellies when it gets especially nippy.
smile.gif

Best of luck, I'd just go for anything waterproof! Not leather though, as they'd be ruined by all the mud etc soon enough, unless you really looked after them.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I'd opt for wellies too, or a pair of mountain horse long boots, they look smart and are warm. Only problem with wellies is you can't really ride in them.
I have the shires 1/2 chaps, they're very comfy and you just bung em in the washing machine when they get muddy. and at 15 quid a pair you can afford to have a couple of pairs so you always have a clean set.

miamibear

Visit site
Rubber long boots!
grin.gif

I use these, get the more expensive ones about £30
grin.gif
they are comfy, fully lined and all they take is a wash off and if you need to ride a clients horse in them you can!

Best invention ever!!