Borrowing the driving thread.... who breaks to drive?

JaneMBE

Visit site
Does anyone here break ponies to drive? Does anyone here want to try?! LOL.

We have two welsh A's, who are currently under-used (no small riders) and are just grass cutters, bless them.
We want them broken to drive so we can offer the RDA people, those who can't sit on a horse, something different to do hippotherapy way.

I am thinking of loaning the pair out for 6 months to be broken to trap (altough Harry has already been broken but never used here as a driving pony), but failing that, loaning them out anyway for 6 months to a family or something (so they can at least be ridden and not just groomed and walked about!)

Anyone know of someone? It would be ideal if they could be taught to drive at the same time as having a holiday
smile.gif

shadowboy

Visit site
I dont but my mum does. She starts at £75 per week (but going up to £120 ) depending on what you want and she believes every animal needs at least 4 weeks to be going safely. If you want more info or to call PM me

MillionDollar

Visit site
I've broken 3 ponies to harness and currently breaking a 4th for someone. Have you not got the time to do it yourself? Because if you have it is quite simple if you have the knowledge and advice, honestly! If you want any advice PM me anytime!
grin.gif

JaneMBE

Visit site
Sadly, we don't have a lot of time, nor facilities really. Ideally the ponies would welcome a holiday and it would be perfect if someone could loan them during their time out!
Also, as a charity, we don't have the funds to pay someone for however long it takes, so a loan combi would be perfect.
I don't want much, eh?
wink.gif