Boswellia experiences

Hollylee1989

Visit site
As thread title, just looking for experiences on those who feed boswellia. I've brought a tub of mega boswellia + to try for my fussy shetland who has quickly turned 20.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I used it, can't say I noticed a huge difference but mine was more preventative that to treat a stiffness. That being said, my horse was never stiff, even when in overnight and was just about a 19hh'er so could easily have been

vhf

Visit site
Started my rising 20yo on it this time last year and noticed a huge difference within days, despite being highly sceptical. Recently been thinking it's not doing so much, but then I have switched to a different supply (cheaper) and am wondering whether it's the product and not the horse that's changed!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It made enough difference that other people asked what I’d given him when they didn’t know I’d given him anything. Did need bute instead eventually but did I think 3 years on the boswellia first

Catbird

Visit site
After seeing it suggested on here I've been giving it to my 30 year old cushings/arthritic pony for the last few months and it's made a huge difference. He's still a bit stiff but he's back to his old self (trying to escape through gates, trotting off when you dare to put his rug on when he doesn't want it etc) and he's got his spark back. I tried no bute and devils claw before but found they didn't do anything. It was fast acting and we noticed a difference in a few days. Good luck!

Hollylee1989

Visit site
After seeing it suggested on here I've been giving it to my 30 year old cushings/arthritic pony for the last few months and it's made a huge difference. He's still a bit stiff but he's back to his old self (trying to escape through gates, trotting off when you dare to put his rug on when he doesn't want it etc) and he's got his spark back. I tried no bute and devils claw before but found they didn't do anything. It was fast acting and we noticed a difference in a few days. Good luck!

I've had no luck with devils claw/devils relief, or cortaflex. It's a minefield finding one to suit

Sealine

Visit site
I tried Boswelia on my 20 year old with hock spavins but saw no difference. I’ve gone back to using a joint supplement which includes devils claw (Premierflex plus) which definitely makes a difference.

BBP

Visit site
Different animal but boswellia and turmeric has made a huge difference to a 70 year old human in my life, MRI showed complete degeneration of the cartilage in the hip and they were having to walk with a walking stick and becoming less and less mobile. I saw them after they had been on the boswellia for about 4 weeks and the cane was gone and they were back to doing their 3 mile walk every morning.

I was told recently that if an animal is on it constantly the effect can begin to reduce, and that you can see more improvements if you take them off it for the odd week and then put them back on to it. Not sure if that is true or not. BBP is on boswellia and I think it does make a difference to him.

dorsetladette

Visit site
Ive got mine on it along with spillers supple and senior balancer. They both made a big difference to him in terms of being more comfortable and happier. We have just treated his hocks but intend to keep him on the 2 for the foreseeable.

Visit site
My boy is on it atm. He seems well on it but not sure whether it’s doing much or if it’s more the fact that he had his hocks medicated at the end of last year that has helped more.

Nicnac

Visit site
Switched from expensive Bozmerix from vet to Boswellia. Use Omega Equine one. Horse is better on the pure Boswellia. Far cheaper too so aged Shitland gets it and is also much freer.

Andie02

Visit site
Our dog has gone from being on 3 legs with arthritis in her hock, to sound in less than a week on Riaflex boswellia. She was already on some of their other supplements so it is definitely the boswellia that has made the huge difference.

Hollylee1989

Visit site
Is any particiular brand better /stronger than another please?

Switched from expensive Bozmerix from vet to Boswellia. Use Omega Equine one. Horse is better on the pure Boswellia. Far cheaper too so aged Shitland gets it and is also much freer.

I have heard some good things about the Omega Equine boswellia, I'll see how I get on with this one. My shitland is so fussy with chaff, mint, garlic etc, if this fails then I've got my 21 year old to feed it to

J&S

Visit site
My old mare has been on boswellia for at least 2 months now, I saw a difference after about 2 weeks and was really hopeful I might get another summer of riding but I now feel that is not possible. I will do as suggested above and leave off for a week and try again. I do know of others who feel their horses have improved and I know I had success with giving it to my collie after she had cruciate ligament problems.