Boswellia??

Tigertrot

Visit site
My youngster has a diagnosed stifle issue, has been injected & rested but remains slightly sore especially in this wet weather
I am considering boswellia as we have nothing to loose, is this preferential to the traditional glucosamine route?
Im sadly clutching at straws

SEL

Visit site
I feed it alongside bute for a very arthritic draft and I noticed a difference when I stopped. I think it's worth a go. Seems to pep mine up.

Not had the same effect on my mare though, but I think there's more going on there.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I had good minor results with it as well. I fed that and a herbal mix from progressive earth as well as vitamin e. I noticed a difference if any of them stopped

Moggy

Visit site
Fantastic stuff. Far more effective than most of the expensive ones as well. My 22yo is on it just because he was starting to feel a bit off to start off with. He has also always had locking stifles which were managed by exercise. Since being on boswellia he hasn't locked once in 3 years. Green lipped mussel is great for sniffle issues as well.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It works as an anti-inflammatory so it might depend if you have inflammation.

IME it does have way less impact than injecting or bute though, but is good when you might not want to do that. - I started my own on it when his suspected spavin got a bit problematic and others more experienced than eye and with no knowledge I'd added it commented.

I'd consider it preferable to the glucosamine/chondrotin route because I don't think they most likely generate expensive droppings.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Yes I give it to my mare with mild arthritic changes in her stifles...makes a huge difference to her especially at this time of the year when she can be noticeably stiff from time to time without it.

Bionic Boy

Visit site
Friend of mine gives it to her mare and it has made a massive difference. She doesn't get anywhere near as stiff as she used too. When she first went on it she even threw in a few bucks on occasions running round the field :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It's pretty much all the same :) just powdered resin.
I used to use rahiiq who do boswellia carteri but have been out of stock for a long time now.
Now I just put boswellia serrata into ebay and see who is doing it cheaper currently.

Tigertrot

Visit site
It's pretty much all the same :) just powdered resin.
I used to use rahiiq who do boswellia carteri but have been out of stock for a long time now.
Now I just put boswellia serrata into ebay and see who is doing it cheaper currently.
Thank you I've ordered some today - worth a try