Bovington BE90 today.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
I know from a previous post that quite a few people were going today, and for some it was their first attempt.

So, how did you all get on?

My daughter was riding there today, her first attempt at anything like this, so even plaiting and putting studs in was a challenge! :p

Dressage is not their strong point and could have been better!
She went clear show jumping.
Having walked the XC we knew the double skinny hedgey things would cause a problem, as would the corner, and probably quite a few other jumps as well! She got a refusal at one of the skinnies, then managed to go clear round the rest.

I am SO proud of her, she has never done anything like this before, and her pony is just a little spooky 14.2hh, so I think they both did really well.

Hope everyone else had fun, it was a great day, really well run, and lovely weather.

Time to hit the wine box now - its not nice being the neurotic mother watching from the sidelines! :D

Tangaroo

Visit site
That sounds like a great result. Well done to your daughter and the pony.
Those skinny boxes do cause problems cos they are well up to height and quite narrow.
I went over to watch this afternoon and there were a lot of problems. Apparently the corner for the pre novice was causing trouble, possibly due to the sun on it. Anyway, it was eventually taken out and the pre novice had to jump the intro alternative i think. Just after that there was a hold on the course for about half an hour and various people said a horse had died further round the course . If this is true, my deepest sympathy goes to all the people connected with it. That must be the worst scenario ever having to go home with an empty lorry at the end of the day.

TheoryX1

Visit site
Time to hit the wine box now - its not nice being the neurotic mother watching from the sidelines! :D

Welcome to the wonderful, if stressful world of the eventing mummy. Well done to your daughter and glad you had a great day. Wine is a great antidote to the stress caused by your daughter galloping around a xc course. Mind you, just wait till they start to want to do JRNs and Novices, arghh, stress .......

Stilton - omg, I do hope that its just a rumour. I agree it must be the worst ever scenario and mine and Mini TX's thoughts are with the owner/connections.

frannieuk

Visit site
That sounds like a great result. Well done to your daughter and the pony.
Those skinny boxes do cause problems cos they are well up to height and quite narrow.
I went over to watch this afternoon and there were a lot of problems. Apparently the corner for the pre novice was causing trouble, possibly due to the sun on it. Anyway, it was eventually taken out and the pre novice had to jump the intro alternative i think. Just after that there was a hold on the course for about half an hour and various people said a horse had died further round the course . If this is true, my deepest sympathy goes to all the people connected with it. That must be the worst scenario ever having to go home with an empty lorry at the end of the day.

I was DR writing in the am, and fence judging in the pm, and it is true about the horse - I understand he had a heart attack. My heart goes out to the rider and connections :(

Lisamd

Visit site
It was my first BE100 in 5 years and my 6yo first ever BE100 yesterday. Had a slightly 'spooky' dressage as in the arena right next to the main road with motobikes whizzing past! Managed to get 40.5 which was not best but happy he settled.

Had a pole down SJ, fence 7 upright after the oxer off the horrid corner, just let him bowl on a bit after and he changed leg (as scrutinised on video) and clouted it out in front. On the whole very happy with SJ as it was the first time i have competitively jumped him at this height.

XC was educational and i thought it was up to height? The double of skinny hedges at 5 was our first test and we muddled through it after Impy did a flying stop spooking at the white gravel before, luckily it was far enough away from the fence not to count as a refusal! He skipped through sweetly if a little unorthadox in style! 6 jumped well being a nice inviting fence. The next fence was the first one i thought might take him by surprise. A roll top from the bright sunny field into the dark woods with 2 strides to a open ditch. He came into the roll top with his ears flicking (a usual sign of worry about a fence) but jumped the roll top sweetly only to slam the breaks on at the ditch, cue a refusal. He popped it after some encouragement. I wasn't too cross as it showed his green-ness and wasn't really naughty, just surprised. Fence 8 was another muddled fence, a flier over the house caused and abrupt use of breaks again from Impy but he trotted up the bank on the curve and popped the skinny roll top after. Fence 9 was a bit of a worry to me, quite a large step up, one stride to a feeder, he backed off the step but went well over the feeder. He was a bit flustered by 9 and not concentrating coming out of the woods and had another unfortuate stop at 10 the trakehner, cue smack as dirty stop and jumped on second attempt. Bit cross as he has never has issues with these fences. Jumped the trouble causing corner lovely and the massive table and happily pootled home with quite a few time pen's as was educational.

On the whole over the moon with him, a few things to sort for next season but happy to have got home safely at his first BE100 :)