bowler hat that is actually a (safety) riding hat?

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
I ride side saddle and should really show in a bowler hat, but have a strict personal rule about not getting on a horse without a proper safety hat (with chinstrap) on.

I've asked everyone I can think of and it's a long shot, but has anyone on here heard of a company making safe riding hats that look like bowlers?

Thanks.
(I'll also pop this in CR)

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
I just had a very interesting conversation with Patey - they don't do them as above but will do a bowler outside with a hunt cap inside and a chinstrap, which is getting closer to what I'd be comfortable with...

JessandCharlie

Visit site
There is a company making top hats like this now, perhaps they'd be worth a talk to? I forget the name now, but there was a post in CR a while back about them, sure somebody would remember their name?

J&C

MissSBird

Visit site
Don't need to conform to any codes or rules, I just want to not die when I fall off :)

The codes are there to garuntee your hat will do just that - protect you properly when you fall. So you do want the codes if you want to achieve this!

Tbh, I think you'd be far smarter sticking to a smart velvet hat. The judges cannot mark down for it in the sidesaddle classes, and at the moment there is no elegant solution I have found.