Boxy Feet....

truffles

Visit site
What do you think of them?

Horse I am considering having for 6 months has them, but as far as I know has not had a problem with them so far and is does not appear to hinder her movement (she does have bridle lameness but I'm sure this is separate to boxy feet?)...she is 8, any info/imput/disadvantages much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
Arabs often have boxy feet and if you think how they excel at endurance with most of the top 100 milers being Arab or of predominantly Arab blood, they don't seem to be a problem. I would be more worried about the quality of the hoof and if the shape of all 4 feet is the same.

Caritas

Visit site
Hope you dont mind me asking but why would you be concerned if all four feet were the same shape and size or not?? Are your feet both the same?? Many thanks

Nailed

Visit site
boxy feet shouldnt cause too much trouble if the horse is happy.. bridle lameness is mainly lack of engagement!
I would be more worrid if my horse had flat feet (like ted lol!)
as this caould lead to navicular.

If the feet are fairly evendont wory about it!
lou x

Jemayni

Visit site
Both my horses have boxy feet. One has never had a lame day; but the other has just returned to full work after 8 months off because of them! But his pedal bones themselves are extremely boxy (virtually square), which is why Ive had so many problems! I wouldnt let it worry you if your only looking at having a horse short term!
I have a big long list of veterinary advice on boxy feet, so if you want any tips feel free to PM me!