Brass Tacks Leather Headcollar sizing question?

becca1305

Visit site
Its my 21st birthday coming up in May and I've asked for a pair of nice leather headcollars with engraved nameplates for the girls. Mum has asked me to tell her exactly what I want so she gets it right and I think I've decided on brass tacks headcollars, but I'm a little hesitant on what size to order particularly with personalised items being non returnable!

On the website it says the sizes come up generously, both girls wear cob size bridles (but grackle style nosebands) and full size headcollars normally. One is a 16hh solid ISH, and the other a 16.3hh ISH. I'm thinking they will probably need cob size if they come up generously, but I know a lot of people who event have these for their horses and wondered if anyone who has one could tell me how they found the sizes/ reckons I should be right with cob size please? Thanks :).

gunnergundog

Visit site
It's donkeys years since I bought my headcollars from Brass Tacks, so check that things haven't changed.........but the headcollars and the name plates used to come seperately, so there's no problem in returning a headcollar if it's the wrong size. All you need to fit the nameplates are a hole punch and a hammer.

I have a cob and a full size headcollar; purchased originally for a 16.1hh ID x TB and a 16.3hh old fashioned warmblood.

HTH

WellyBaggins

Visit site
I would say that they are true to size, I have 2 one for each horse, both in a cob size, they are TB and Anglo Arab, fine heads and normally wear cob sized bridles and headcollars :)

becca1305

Visit site
Ooh still umming and ahhing about size but less of a problem if plates come separate! You are probably right gunnergundog I've only seen them at shows haven't looked properly online! Thanks :)