Brave New World

RainbowDash

Visit site
Hi all,

Whilst I've owned my first ponio for 15 months now at the grand old age of 35 (me that is not him :D) - I'm feeling brave (oh heck).

I brought the Boyo as a hack for me (but he's been shown at very local level), he jumps but after twenty years out of the saddle prior to owning him I am now building up the courage to jump in anger once again .... :eek: nothing major so far - a few lessons with a view to maybe a rosette at a very-small show.

Just turning up at the show will be a big thing for me (shy and nervous nelly as I am) - let alone the actual riding and potential falling off and making an arse of myself :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Whats your plans this year BIG or small???

NaeNae87

Visit site
Woohoo! Go Rainbow Dash!
I hope you meet your goals for this year.

My goals for GK this year are to be more consistant in our dressage tests and continue to make time in XC so I can move him up a grade by August. So far, it's looking promising!

For Bo, my goals are to get more forward (never thought I would say that about an OTTB) and to become established and competitive at Prelim level Dressage, with a goal to begin training Novice by Feb/March next year. Also I would like him to do one or two ODE's just to give him a break from the arena. He has a lovely jump on him, when he realises jumps are not horse eating monsters :)

hnmisty

Visit site
I'm having a horse vetted on Thurs, so for now I just want him to pass!

Then getting to know each other, getting my confidence back jumping...

Good luck with the shows...and show us some pics! (pardon the pun :p)

Echo24

Visit site
Hopefully find my first horse. I've spent the last year looking, tried 15 horses, two failed vetting so I'm hoping the right one is out there somewhere!

FollyNunswood

New User
Visit site
My goal is getting back into the saddle!!! I have got my first lesson after 18 years of no riding...:(...I am so nervous but also very excited. Dreading my poor old body aching on Sunday, just hope i can stay on....:eek:

RainbowDash

Visit site
Woohoo! Go Rainbow Dash!
I hope you meet your goals for this year.

My goals for GK this year are to be more consistant in our dressage tests and continue to make time in XC so I can move him up a grade by August. So far, it's looking promising!

For Bo, my goals are to get more forward (never thought I would say that about an OTTB) and to become established and competitive at Prelim level Dressage, with a goal to begin training Novice by Feb/March next year. Also I would like him to do one or two ODE's just to give him a break from the arena. He has a lovely jump on him, when he realises jumps are not horse eating monsters :)

Thanks NaeNae87 :D

I'm sure you'll meet your goals too :D

RainbowDash

Visit site
If the horse under your name is the one you have now, he looks lovely!

Nice big G & T before you compete and you'll be fine :D

Thanks Tammytoo :D

Yep that's my boyo :D, he is a lovely little chap - what he lacks in height he makes up for in guts :D

Ohhh G & T - best just make it the one though ;).

RainbowDash

Visit site
I'm having a horse vetted on Thurs, so for now I just want him to pass!

Then getting to know each other, getting my confidence back jumping...

Good luck with the shows...and show us some pics! (pardon the pun :p)

Good luck for Thursday - fingers crossed he passes :D. Confidence with jumping is my downfall - Esp. being older with a young family etc. I had my first lesson of the year - heck I'm rusty :eek:

Pun Pardoned :) - I will - might be a while off though :cool::D

Goal for me this year is to find my forever horse after a few years away from ownership. Honestly can't wait! :)

Yay!! - what type are you looking for ? - pleasure or to do a bit more? :)

Hopefully find my first horse. I've spent the last year looking, tried 15 horses, two failed vetting so I'm hoping the right one is out there somewhere!

Oh my goodness - I'm sure you'll find the right one - when the time is right they find you :D (or rather with me a pretty pair of eyes staring out from an advert :) - sucker :rolleyes:)

good luck to everyone getting new beasties. It's lovely looking forward to a new horse and lighter evenings to get to know them.

Agreed :D Well said Sallyfinn :D

RainbowDash

Visit site
My goal is getting back into the saddle!!! I have got my first lesson after 18 years of no riding...:(...I am so nervous but also very excited. Dreading my poor old body aching on Sunday, just hope i can stay on....:eek:

Hi FollyNunswood,

Well done you :D - I was out of the saddle for just shy of 20 years - would have been sooner except for having children, broken toe, struggling to lose baby weight (lost over two stone to get back up top again - i'm 5ft2 and at my previous weight the riding school would have put me on their 16hh+ horses).

I remember my first lesson back very well - had a lovely instructor and a lovely steady horse. OMG :eek: - I was aching like crazy the next day, but after the second lesson it just clicked - and no pain :D.

RainbowDash

Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has replied soo far :D. To be fair I didn't really expect a response. I hope you don't mind me putting on a little update?

Oh good :D

Plucked up the courage to have a private flatwork/jumping lesson on the boyo today. Everything was against us - pony-eating school, pony-eating cones, pony-eating dog tied up outside school, pony-eating headcollar (random but you may be getting the theme), pony-eating wind, pony-eating leaf, pony-eating jumps .... blah blah blah ......

We're doing a lot of groundwork to deal with the monsters so - i'm soo chuffed with him today :D . Oh and Thanks for staying awake this far ... :D

Bless him - he did well - having not been schooled properly since before Christmas and with nervous RD on board. Did everything instructor asked of us, lovely pole work, good steady canter rather than mad dash (hence name RD) - and finally went for the jump. Started at approx 30cm :eek: (he will do 120cm+ loose), then 45cm :eek: - he really looked after me and I was praised for my position - Whoop, Whoop !! :D

Believe me this is a massive step forward for me - only a few weeks back I had a really nasty fall from boyo and pulled my back muscles, healed now but it's still in the back of my mind and making me really tense - whilst in my younger days I'd happily jump way higher on smaller ponies, enjoy riding 'perky' ponies (read: Nutters) - nowadays I have injury radar.

It may be a little time before we're ready for shows - plenty of season left - considering entering him into in-hand or lead-rein (mini RD on board) to get a feel for how he gets on but it's early days and hopefully soon me and the boyo will be strutting our stuff ... :D