Braving the wheather who else is in ??❄️❄️❄️☔️☔️

racebuddy

Visit site
Braving the elements at 5 am this am then lunge , turned out home shower and work , i have been trying to keep mine as fit as possible really , main reason is he absolutely doesn’t appreciate lockdown, want to keep him muscles all ok especially now hes older , who else is keeping there competition horses fit ,

i very much doibt there will be any difference to last year to be honest but id be happy with arena hire ??

Attachments

• CF892B83-B120-4DF6-B747-C237D4DD6591.jpeg
    CF892B83-B120-4DF6-B747-C237D4DD6591.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 29
  • F2A6CDA6-E0EE-485B-A8E1-281A1AD96D11.jpg
    F2A6CDA6-E0EE-485B-A8E1-281A1AD96D11.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 29

stormox

Visit site
I'm trying to keep mine up and running, but the schooling and jumping has gone to pot as I have no access to arena, all I can do is jump what I find out hacking, logs walls etc

Annagain

Visit site
I'm the opposite, haven't been in the school since Christmas so just hacking twice a week, three times if I manage to get out of work in time and really enjoying not feeling the pressure to have Charlie ready for a competition. I've had him 6 months so dressage by now would have been in the normal plan but I'm loving just riding him at the moment.

tiga71

Visit site
Mine aren't competition horses but I am trying to work one of them every day, so they are getting 3 or 4 work outs a week. If the weather is truly foul, my younger one doesn't get ridden as it is more important to keep my oldie in regular work. He takes priority at the moment.

We are lucky to have the Downs to ride so no mud up there and the ground is always good. But can't get up there some days if it is icy.

oldie48

Visit site
Rose is fitter than she's ever been but lucky enough to have an indoor and have been able to hack out except when it's been icy. Sharer is super fit as she rides at least three a day as well as teaching equi pilates. Me, I am fat, unfit and creaky!

southerncomfort

Visit site
We've got 3 inches of snow on top of frozen ground. We also have freezing rain which is making all the gates and fences slick with ice.
Much as I admire you I think I'm going to stay indoors thanks! ?

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
We are all struggling this winter and I expect many have similar stories to tell. I would like to be able to ride as I haven’t ridden since Christmas Day.
The weather has been awful, either gales and rain or snow and ice.
On top of that my saddle needed altering and was sent away. The saddler couldn’t come back because of ( choose any one or 2 ) floods, snow, ice, lockdown rules.
I have owned this pony for a few months and consequently do not, because of lockdown restrictions, know him well.
I can only hack out and am under orders from just about everyone that I am not to get on and ride out.
I am not sure if this breaks lockdown rules but I will see if I can arrange to take the pony to where I have lessons, meet the saddler there and leave pony to be restarted.
When I could exercise him his fat was beginning to be under control. Some how in spite of my best efforts he appears to gain weight on fresh air.
I am worried that this will cause more problems in the summer.
However if I am not allowed to take him to be have the saddle fitted and restarted then I am afraid we will both be having a rather long holiday.

Squeak

Visit site
Meee! I think more because it's my norm and I can't get my head around not building fitness and schooling at this time of year i.e. it's not bravery or determination, it's just stupidity that's making me do it.

The weather is diabolical, if it's not frozen it's flooded and half the time I'm schooling in a head torch in half an arena as the other half is flooded. The horses have no excuse to ever have problems with the water xc.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Today..... no bloody rain, temps shot up to 11 degrees. Got a fab splashy snorkel out, replaced a couple of posts, had a cuppa at yard..... woo hoo!

Downside is 50% of my paddocks have water lying on them, more rain forecasted tonight and a deluge all day tomorrow. And even more forecasted the rest of the week, yuk!

Alibear

Visit site
I'm lucky I have access to a small indoor school so we keep going, in fact its the only place I've got her settled so its our chosen spot regardless of the weather. I need the weather to improve before we start working on using the outdoor and hacking :)

Wishfilly

Visit site
That is impressive commitment!

I rode today, but only because it was the first dry day in ages! (First time in 2.5 weeks, but he has been ill). After work, having dragged a muddy pony in from the fields, I don't have much motivation to ride in the rain!

Our hacking is partly flooded at the moment, so that limits options as well!

But the evenings are getting lighter, and I do want us both to be fit for the summer, so I'm trying to make an effort to do more!

Durhamchance

Visit site
I'm still riding. My loan pony needs plenty of work to keep him sensible, so I've been schooling in the wind, rain and snow. I'm only in the office one day a week at the moment, but I have two children to homeschool too. The only lesson we find easy at the moment is PE- get shovelling kids!

Visit site
I get paid to ride out in the pishy weather so at least I an say I have a reason ??? plus technically we are allowed to race but 90% of jumps racing has been abandoned due to frost/snow/waterlogging and they keep adding in jumpers bumpers on the all weather. Which is fine and dandy if you have a 2-2.5mile summer jumper to go on the surface but these big soft ground staying chasers have no options of racimg at the moment. Which is annoying as Midnight is absolutely bouncing and the couple of races recently that would have suited him down to a T have been abandoned! ???

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It's just so water logged everywhere I haven't ridden since before Christmas, I struggle with January and February and have no motivation although I have started to lunge and do ground work this week in prep for riding, the pair of them were like wildlings the first day so they need taming before I consider getting on!

atropa

Visit site
Normally would be but both of mine are lame at the minute so just mucking out 2 three times a day instead. Cant wait until #3 comes back off loan.

racebuddy

Visit site
Enjoying a
Drier day today xxx

Attachments

• A6CDBE3F-F865-4827-8FE4-015694F25A65.jpeg
    A6CDBE3F-F865-4827-8FE4-015694F25A65.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 4095937C-7C1E-4A8B-B112-421527EE9CE6.jpeg
    4095937C-7C1E-4A8B-B112-421527EE9CE6.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 3E508B3B-37CE-4362-A1D5-D24A1EEF72A8.jpg