BRC Area 9 Dressage Report

monkeybum13

Visit site
I very rarely post about Wally but I think he deserves a little write up, I think I last did a report type thing last November! For those that don't know Wally he's a little warmblood who turned 5 on Monday, I've had him over a year now, doesn't time fly?! Wally is a very laid back chap, takes everything in his stride with a tendency to be a little too chilled.

I've been super busy with writing my dissertation and revising for final exams before going on holiday so we had a very quiet spring but have been getting back out and about recently. Wally (and me!) have been whipped into shape by my excellent instructor so last week we went off to do a prelim and his first novice. He was a little too relaxed in the heat during the prelim for 67% and 5th place but perked up for 68.something in the novice for 4th place against some very established combinations, cue one super proud rider! Friday we went for a lesson which ended up with jumping the biggest he's ever done and working on angles and difficult lines, he pops anything that's in his way.

Today we went to RC Areas, I grew some balls and entered the Open team riding N24. We also entered N27 as a warm up scoring 67.8% for joint 3rd. He then scored 65.4% in N24, good enough for 4th place and team 3rd. The score sheet is very 'interesting' including some rather erratic marking, our team manager queried this but the organisers said there's nothing they could do. Oh well, there's always another day.

Just as we were leaving we must have drove over a nail because our tyre was completey flat but luckily our team were a dab hand at changing trailer tyres! Also thanks to miss_c for offering Wally a lift home.

We've got a busy few weeks coming up with SJ lessons, XC lessons, Badminton dressage, graduation and then camp, I can't wait.

Here's the videos from today, as you can see there is lots of room for improvement but for his 2nd time out and this level I don't think he looks too bad for a fairly green horse? Thanks for reading! :)

Novice 27
[video=youtube_share;t5t_kNWj8p0]http://youtu.be/t5t_kNWj8p0[/video]

Novice 24
[video=youtube_share;uSOipIpx4zs]http://youtu.be/uSOipIpx4zs[/video]

dianchi

Visit site
Well done!
Always tricky with judging as it's their opinion at that moment, but well done lovely boy!

monkeybum13

Visit site
He looks fantastic, you wouldn't think he was so green. You must be delighted with him.
He’s ‘alright’ I guess, he can stay another week ;)

will have to watch vid at home but huge well done :)
Thank you! :D

Well done!
Always tricky with judging as it's their opinion at that moment, but well done lovely boy!
Oh I completely agree, just annoying when you get a low mark for breaking in canter when you didn’t, lol!

He's 5 going on 25. Little superstar.
Lazy sod in other words!