BRC - can you compete in out of Area qualifiers?

TGM

Visit site
Have tried looking in the rulebook, but can't find it. If your Area doesn't run a qualifier for a specific discipline are members are allowed to compete in qualifiers in other Areas as either individuals or teams and if so are they eligible to qualify for Championships?

Britestar

Visit site
I think this is something your would have to check with HQ. I know on occasion Area 1 has gone to Q's in either Area 22 or Area 2 for HT, because they haven't been able to run a qualifier.

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
you need to speak to your area rep about this.

I'm a member of area 1 and we didn't have the right venues, or clubs that could host the area 1 horse trials qualifiers so for the last few years we have competed at the neighbouring area (area 2 for the last two years and area 22 for one year I believe)

its not an easy task for the neighbouring area to run another areas qualifier as it adds more headache to them. the neighbouring area competitors request later start times and stabling etc and they do complain that its not right, plus they can be demanding on the day for results to be issued as they have a longer drive home!

last year, one club in area 1 didn't bother to muck out their stables after staying over night!!

I am very grateful for the neighbours for letting us come along, its usually just as much fun as BE!