BRC Festival of the Hunter Championship Report

Bubblegum

Visit site
We set off for Aston le Walls on Saturday afternoon. Boff had Dougs in the Junior Open team Eventer Challenge. We had arranged to meet the team at the course so that they could all walk it together, and then go on to find our stabling.
This is the first year of the new format...and even though this is Boff's third year running at the champs...we didn't know what to expect.
The showjumping arena was jammed packed with a course of very colourful jumps, and many had slow route alternatives. This made for a very confusing amount of obstacles in one arena! I was so glad it wasn't me doing the course...as I would have been totally hopeless! However, the team all planned their routes, and all decided to take the direct lines.
Then they had to gallop straight on to the XC course...
This was quite disappointing with only 11 jumps. Second jump was a skinny in front of the dew pond, no 3 a brush & skinny double, no 4 up a bank then a skinny..down the bank and another skinny. Then a nice big oxer..tyres, ..a dreaded trekehner
crazy.gif
rugby posts, around the hill, another two skinnies up and down two banks, corner and skinny to finish. So quite a techical course, but nothing too horrible, and easy routes for those that needed them.
Boff was 2nd to go in our team... and definitely benefitted from watching a few early riders negotiate the SJ course. Dougs jumped super for once in his life ( he is affectionately known as Mr 8 faults!) for a clear round within the very tight SJ time...Woo Hoo...on to the XC
grin.gif
grin.gif
They jumped a really confident round. We could see virtually all the course from the big bank near the main SJ arena...and they looked to be having a really lovely time together. They even jumped the dreaded trekhener in fine style!! Phew! So...came galloping through the finish, all smiles and pats. Dougs jumps so much better if he is allowed to roll on a bit, and not be interferred with too much. So even though the time was set at 490...they came home too fast and had time pens.
frown.gif
which was a shame..as we thought the time was too easy to get for a 490. Never mind.
All our team jumped their socks off... and we had three double clear scores...which meant we had second best score of the day and we were very happy to be reserve champions!!! The team won best 4 scores to count, too.
At the presentation our team, I have to say, looked absolutely immaculate. All turned out beautifully in bright yellow team colours, with plaited horses. It made me very proud of them all. They are such a nice bunch of kids, and really deserved this result.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Did I like the new format?...Hmmmmm....not really. Too much depended on the SJ phase, I thought. Bit more tweaking of the rules needed for next year maybe. But it was a very well run event, and a good day had by all.

Zebedee

Visit site
Well done on a fab result & I'm glad you all had a good time. I saw your team in the line up & I agree they looked lovely.
The XC did play a very important part in most results, & at least this year there were no complaints about cheating !!

Amaretto

Visit site
Our girls came 4th in the senior novice - woo hoo!

Kate Millington - Wizard of Oz (ind 9th)
Clare Hartley - The Grafter
Emily Watson - Delilah
Laura Cooper - Milo's Magic

Amaretto

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Fantastic...well done! Hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We did thank you! Very well done to you all!
grin.gif