Breach Birth recipiant mare up date

Springs

Visit site
Thankyou for the kind thoughts and comments on the previous post. Just thought we would keep you updated.

Jasmin stood guard over her little lifeless colt until 7pm when the orphan foal arrived from coventry, with Jasmin slightly sedated we remove the lifless colt and put the orphan filly in the box next door, Then after a short period of time (with the filly covered in the placentre) we let her have here first feed. We have continued to do this through the night, Hopfully later today we will let Jasmin have a closer look at her new baby.

Hopfully all will go well

Diggory

Visit site
Well done - giving each of them a chance is wonderful, generous and selfless. Do hope it all works out - there are so many successes, it has to be worth the effort.

DW Team

Visit site
Thank you so much for giving the foal a chance GOOD Luck I hope it all works out for your mare. Thank you also for the update it is so nice to see how things are working for people. Thinking of you and the mare and foal((((((((())))))))))

whitewood

Visit site
Been there - done that - and I can only applaud you. It is not as easy as some people think and I don't think I could have had the willpower to carry on if it were not for Joanne at National Foaling Bank - she is an absolute angel.

I did not sleep for 4 days and was amazed that a little creature could keepme going for so long.

Sometimes you will probably feel it is all not working, but persevere it is something absolutely amazing when it all comes together.

Keep up the good work - it is worth it!!

elizabeth1

Visit site
what a moving story.After the devestating loss of your foal I do hope your mare -and you- find comfort in giving this orphan foal a future.
do you have a link to Joanna Vardons website? I think this is a charity all who breed should support-reading your story has brought home to me what wonderful work she does and I will now sed her a donation.

lozziehumphreys

Visit site
Have got everything crossed for you and the foal's owner.

Well done for giving this little foal a chance, and I'm so sorry for your loss x