breaking in long boots...

4whitesocks

Visit site
anyone got an easier way of breaking in new rather stiff leather boots than hobbling round the house with your trackie bottoms tucked into them and whipping them off when the doorbell rings in case someone thinks you're up to some kiny role play with your OH???

CastleMouse

Visit site
By folding them in half lengthways a few times
smile.gif

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
I've got the same problem at the moment. I want them to get a bit more supple but I don't want them to look shabby when I wear them in public for the first time so I don't want to treat them too roughly but I am also getting fed up of hiding my feet and legs behind the door when the doorbell rings!

metalmare

Visit site
Go for a really difficult lesson and you'll be too busy concentrating on your horse to notice the pain...
grin.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
it's the bit just behind my knees that's killing me! sitting down is painful....have long legs so had to get longer boots & I know they'll drop down but jesus!!

(but I was very bold and bought a pair of broginis because there was €70 off them....not that could afford them or anything so I reckon this is punishment!)

Partoow

Visit site
Ah this is a problem i've had. You can get heel wedges that lift your heel up in the boots so that they dont dig into the back of your knee. I think mine were made by Cavallo. Not in this coutry look on the Divosa web site its a huge dutch shop and they have everything and do mail order. I then wear them to drive in as this seems to be a really good way to get the ankles to give and then they will drop.
Good luck its not fun and i know you end up wondering why you wanted these articles of torture. It will be worth it honest.

Breezesbenefactor

Visit site
Fill a bucket with boiling hot water....put loads of socks on, fit boots and put into BHW. Leave for as long as you can stand it and then jog round the garden for as long as you can. Stuff with paper dry slowly and treat leather - your boots will be lovely and supple.

buzzles

Visit site
It does take a few weeks of wearing them every time you ride before they start to soften up. Trust me though its worth it in the end, my leather boots are so comfortable and mould perfectly to my leg. They became supple very quickly after I wore them on a 2 hour sponsored ride and my horse got very wound up and very sweaty and the sweat from his side soaked into my boots, I thought they were ruined but it actually did the job!! The leather bsalm from carr, day and martin is also good at softening the leather and maintaining them.