Breaking/Schooling people in Staffordshire/Shropshire?

Escada2004

Visit site
Hi JP Dakar is very very good at Bow House Equestrian. Recently sold a home produced horse to William Whitaker if that helps with his experience :) ive had lessons with him and know the family very well. He is very honest and a nice quiet sympathetic rider yet very effective. Have a look at their website www.bowhousefarm.co.uk

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i used a place in Middleton (Tamworth) - Tim Marsland - will see if i can find a contact number.

He backed my youngster - very very good, would highly recommend

EDIT - luckily i have his number in m phone! His contact is 07831458596

Last edited:

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Are they only into show jumping?

Even if they do only SJ competitively, they'll still have to be good at the flatwork to get horses jumping well. I had a quick look at the site and there is mention of them doing affil. DR, SJ and eventing. One of them has ridden at Badminton and Burghley. I don't think you'll get better than this around here!

:)

SuperCoblet

Visit site
I second JP at bow house! They dot just do SJ, he has (I think) competed at badminton and burghley with his own produced.
Our pony club use their place for rallies and they have such good facilities at a reasonable price, we also have JP teaching the higher groups, especially practicing for the Shrewsbury flower show, fab instructor :)

Rosie Round The Hills

Visit site
I can highly recommend a chap local to me, but he whips in so won't have the time to do it until the end of the hunting season.

If 15 minutes West of Bridgnorth is any good for you, send me a PM and I'll give you his details.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
The guy(olivier) that worked for Janet has now left he did all the riding and breakers from what I was led to believe.

Funnily enough, we've survived without Olivier - who was my main rider for quite a while! We're so busy with breakers I now have 3 riders - senior rider is John Hughes, who has evented to 3* amongst other things. Plus two very experienced lighter weights (lightest 9 stone) so we can do the smaller ones too. I do very little actual riding of backers myself now (being old enough for a bus pass and a bit crocked) but I oversee and supervise all the breakers (two brains are usually better that one!)

ETA for iudall. Shropshire/Worcestershire borders, 10 miles due south of Bridgnorth, 3 miles from Cleobury Mortimer.

Doncella

Visit site
Hi JP Dakar is very very good at Bow House Equestrian. Recently sold a home produced horse to William Whitaker if that helps with his experience :) ive had lessons with him and know the family very well. He is very honest and a nice quiet sympathetic rider yet very effective. Have a look at their website www.bowhousefarm.co.uk

I'll second this as well. I go there for jump training, they are very nice people.

minigal

Visit site
MY youngster is going to Jg's in April to be ridden away (I think that's the right phrase as he's been backed/sat on.)

I've sent a horse there for schooling and been thrilled with the result, I know numerous people who have their ponies backed/schooled or bought one of her youngsters and they are all very pleased too. Definitely recommended!!

Becki1802

Visit site
John Grocott has done my 2 youngsters this year based on recommendations from the farrier and a few horsey types in the area. He is in Much Wenlock, I THINK he is about £25 per day and it took about 6 weeks as they start in the round pen. I have been complemented by several instructors on what a good job they did. He is kind and gentle and my horse came back with far better manners than he left with (he was rude and a bit dangerous beforehand). My boy was returned backed and hacked with basic schooling (canter leads etc).

Let me know if it is worth me finding the number for you.

ISHmad

Visit site
If we decide to send our youngster away for backing Janet George would be top of our list. Know of many horses who were bred there, or backed there, and not come across a bad one yet.

Phoebe

Visit site
there is one local to us in Stafford, called Dave Verco. He is very good with horses and backed my youngster. if you are interested please send me a PM and I will send info as there is stuff to be aware of :)